Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Louisville is done...who comes up?

Re: Louisville is done...who comes up?

I was surprised Roenicke was not on the 40 man.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to see Richar start at SS every day and take a look at what he's got. Looked like he was playing some interesting baseball at the end of the season.

I'm hoping to see Richar and Rosales every day and I think we need some innings out of Livingston and Homer. Thompson ought to be used sparingly, if at all, and I guess it will be good to see a little more of Herrera.

There are a few guys who will be on the 40-man roster this winter anyway, so they may decide to take a look at them early. I'm talking about Robert Manuel, Matt Maloney, Sean Henry, Drew T. Anderson, and/or Shaun Cumberland.

And I'm surprised no one has specifically brought up Ty Pelland yet.

Oh, and here's one that might really piss some people off: Rob Mackowiak. He signed with the Reds on a minor league contract, but made they made a deal at the time of the contract that said the Reds would call him up after Louisville's season is finished. A lot of teams do that to help convince players sign minor league contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    And I'm surprised no one has specifically brought up Ty Pelland yet.
    Heard during the game 1 broadcast that Pelland had shoulder surgery. No specifics, so I don't know any more than that.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

My prediction: Matt Belisle placed on the 60 day DL and Josh Roenicke recalled. Pitchers Tyler Pelland, Danny Herrera, Homer Bailey, and Daryl Thompson and Position players Paul Janish, Danny Richar, and Adam Rosales recalled.

Who I'd like to see: Carlos Fisher, Matt Maloney, Chris Valaika, and Shaun Cumberland

Carlos Fisher and Josh Roenicke are not on the 40 man, so it will be difficult to call them up. I suggest releasing Gary Majewski to call up Roenicke, as the Reds will not offer Majewski arbitration in the off-season anyway. I want to see more of Danny Ray Herrera, and call up Bailey and Thompson as well. Richar and Adam Rosales can help with the infield depth, and I really hope to see Rosales get some starts. I'd like to see Alonso, but it would burn one of his options so I can wait.

The option on Alonso was burned the instant he went on the 40 man, so it wouldn't hurt anything that way to give him the call.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    The option on Alonso was burned the instant he went on the 40 man, so it wouldn't hurt anything that way to give him the call.
    Thats not true. Apparently if he doesn't spend more than 20 (25?) days on a minor league roster, its not burning an option. He didn't come close to spending that much time on a minor league roster, so no option was used.

The rest of the games the Reds have are against teams that are in contention (Brewers, D-Backs, Cardinals, Astros, Cardinals) so Dusty will play mostly his "A" lineup and few Sept. call-ups.

Now, whether or not his A lineup (CPatt, Bako, etc.) gives the Reds their best chance at winning is a topic for discussion.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

makes his arbitration/FA clock tick faster.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Thats not true. Apparently if he doesn't spend more than 20 (25?) days on a minor league roster, its not burning an option. He didn't come close to spending that much time on a minor league roster, so no option was used.
    Even better.

If/when the Reds callup Danny Herrera, I hope Dusty uses him correctly. He's probably only going to be a one inning guy. He probably won't have much success if he's used for multiple innings at a time. In his first stint with the Reds he baffled the Phillies for one inning and Dusty pulled him. His second outing he sent the Cardinals down 1-2-3, Dusty brought him back out for a second inning and he allowed a solo homerun but retired the next three hitters, and then he brought him back for a third inning and he allowed three runs. He's got a chance to make it as a solid reliever if utilized properly - that's to be determined.

Heard during the game 1 broadcast that Pelland had shoulder surgery. No specifics, so I don't know any more than that.
    I knew he had shoulder tendonitis. If he had shoulder surgery, I think you can count on him being DFAed any day now.

Turn Off Ads?