Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like Tom Brady may be done for the season

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Looks like Tom Brady may be done for the season

If true, ouch!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Rumored to be an ACL tear, which would shut him down for at least a large majority of the season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Looks like Tom Brady may be done for the season

I have never had my Fantasy Season get put on its back so early in the season. I was lucky enough to draft Brady/Moss with picks #12/13.

Looks like I will be activating Kurt Warner tomorrow....

According to ESPN he's a hero because he walked off the field instead of being carried off. Now, I feel bad for him, but that's a stupid thing to say.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    According to ESPN he's a hero because he walked off the field instead of being carried off. Now, I feel bad for him, but that's a stupid thing to say.
    No kidding. I tore my ACL with damage to the meniscus and not only walked home, but was able to drive home. Of course I probably risked more damage to the knee doing that. The pain wasn't bad until the next day and the swelling actually help stabilize my knee so that I could hold it straight. It wasn't until the swelling went down that I had real problems.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

This is too bad. While I'm no Pats fan, I hate to see one of the best players in the NFL and one of the most recognizable people in the NFL, miss a season. Brady makes the NFL better. This definitely opens the door for some other teams.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    This is too bad. While I'm no Pats fan, I hate to see one of the best players in the NFL and one of the most recognizable people in the NFL, miss a season. Brady makes the NFL better. This definitely opens the door for some other teams.
    Well said, agreed on all your points.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

So much for my fantasy team this year...

Ugh. Sucks for Brady -- he's one of the greatest to play the game, hopefully he comes back strong next season if this is true.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I never want to see some somebody get injured. That's not something I'd wish on a player.

Having said that, if I had to make a list of players who I'd feel most sympathetic towards after a season ending injury, Brady would be near the bottom after the smug display he put on during last year's run.

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    I never want to see some somebody get injured. That's not something I'd wish on a player.

Having said that, if I had to make a list of players who I'd feel most sympathetic towards after a season ending injury, Brady would be near the bottom after the smug display he put on during last year's run.
    I bet the Pats wish they got Cassel some extra PT last year instead of running it up with the first teamers all season.

Karma.

It looked kind of like how Palmers knee got hit.

As much as I hate to see anybody get hurt (especially after watching Palmer in 2005), Tom Brady is probably near the bottom of players that I would feel sorry for.

That being said, I am pulling for Matt Cassel to do well. For a guy who never played QB in college and has backed up some pretty famous people in his career, I am hoping he can pick up where Brady left off and make a career for himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    If anything, this could be a botched job by the training staff. I don't know, but it would seem to me that when you have an injury on the field like that, you need to make sure the knee is imobilized to prevent further damage. Most teams wouldn't have let him walk off because of that risk. Walking off wasn't "brave." Walking off was ill advised from what I understand, especially when that player is such a key part to your team.

I hate seeing anybody hurt like that, but it is easier to take when it isn't a fringy type player who may never make it back, or when its a college player who may never even get another shot. Hopefully he pulls through without any problem and is back on the field sometime next year.

My question is how much do you think Carson Palmer has been bothered by his injury? There is just something about his game that is nowhere near where it was before. It could be a lot of things, but a part of me has to think that injury plays a part in it.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    I bet the Pats wish they got Cassel some extra PT last year instead of running it up with the first teamers all season.

Karma.
    I doubt it matters. Playing in blowouts isn't very different from playing in preseason games.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    My question is how much do you think Carson Palmer has been bothered by his injury? There is just something about his game that is nowhere near where it was before. It could be a lot of things, but a part of me has to think that injury plays a part in it.
    I think its more of a mental adjustment that some players just can't make. Palmer's injury was fortunate in the fact that it was late in the season in the playoffs. He was able to rehab and really not miss a beat as far as missing playing time, but mentally I think its something he hasn't been able to shake and it has affected his overall performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Senor Votto

Anyone remember the Quite Frankly with Stephen A. Smith commercials a from a few years ago? Stephen A. Smith was talking about the Patriots. "They draft well, they scout well, and did I mention they have Tom Brady? Quite frankly that's all you need."

Now that Brady is out for the season quite frankly that's not all you need.

Turn Off Ads?