Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Peanuts Animator Bill Melendez Dies

Peanuts Animator Bill Melendez Dies

The animator who brought the Peanuts characters to life has died at 91.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=114&sid=1471777
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Peanuts Animator Bill Melendez Dies

There's the 3rd.

Jerry Reed, Don LaFontaine (movie trailer guy) and Melendez.

RIP
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-04-2008 at 12:22 PM.

Thanks Bill- you made Christmas season that much more special. I still watch a Charlie Brown Christmas every year.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I grew up loving Snoopy and the Peanuts gang and even now that I'm older I still love those comics and shows. I cried so hard when Charles Schulz died and now I'm sad all over again for Bill's death. I'm glad the cartoons, comics, and shows will all live on but he will definitely be missed. Thanks for the memories Bill. RIP
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Thanks Bill- you made Christmas season that much more special. I still watch a Charlie Brown Christmas every year.

Yep, a great American classic.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?