Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Love Cris Collinsworth

I Love Cris Collinsworth

Is there a better Analyst? (as long as he stays away from Michael Phelps mom...)
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I Love Cris Collinsworth

I personally can't stand him. He is pompous.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-07-2008 at 11:32 PM. Reason: masked profanity
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

He's an idiot.

I've always found him to be a good analyst in that he is one who does his homework. I like guys that not only know the teams that are playing, but understand their basic schemes and pay attention to basic things like who is on the field and who made what play. Analysts I can't stand are those that make loud pronouncements about how the game is supposed to be played, but then think every big play is made by Ray Lewis, even when Ray Lewis isn't on the field.

Lately I've also been bugged about the hero worship analysts tend to have with certain players. Watching the end of the CBS early games, it was ridiculous. It was apparent that Brett Favre won his first game as a Jet and threw his 4 millionth TD pass, Tom Brady got hurt, and some other teams played a little football today. Give me bonus coverage on the games and the scores first, then worry about interviewing Lord Brett or updating us on the Golden Child's knee.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

He's on numerous worst announcer lists...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    He's on numerous worst announcer lists...
    Which are matters of opinion of course. When it comes to football announcers, I generally like Dr. Z's list for SI, (even though I don't care for some of his other stuff) because he rates announcers based on criteria I find important, like attention to the game, giving correct information, providing insight and not going off on long tangents while play is going on. If there's one thing that bugs me about watching sports is having an announcer miss an entire series of downs because they thought people were more interested in their dumb story instead of the game.

Another person people slag all the time but I feel is a great color announcer is Deion Sanders. I saw him call a Bengals game last season for the NFL Network where he had clearly studied the Bengals playbook and tendencies and was able to identify plays on formation.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

High five!

I always think of shampoo when I see him on TV.

I used to kinda like CC till he started co hosting McConnells show on WLW a few years back and Mike made him look like a complete goof.

He has a very strange hatred for the Indianapolis Colts also.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I thought he seemed out of his element at the Olympics. Maybe NBC was short-handed?
    /r/reds

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I used to kinda like CC till he started co hosting McConnells show on WLW a few years back and Mike made him look like a complete goof.

He has a very strange hatred for the Indianapolis Colts also.
    Mike had a co-host?

I know he did back in the Dayton rock n roll days (Eddie Fingers, I believe), but I didn't know he did as a talk show host.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw View Post
    Mike had a co-host?

I know he did back in the Dayton rock n roll days (Eddie Fingers, I believe), but I didn't know he did as a talk show host.
    Yes it was like 5 years ago. Collinsworth was like a cohost with McConnell for something like three days a week. It only went on for like maybe 2-3 months tops, but I just remember CC and his left wing views getting roasted pretty hard by Mike and the callers.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

C-Bus (Columbus OH for non-Jim Rome fans)

I kind of like Collinsworth---once you get past the "aw shucks" factor, he seems well prepared. Deion Sanders was also mentioned earlier; I too find him to be a lot better than most give him credit for. On a related note; what was the deal with the second MNF game last night?? Golic, Greenburg and Ditka sounded like three morons in a sports bar trying to talk over each other.....

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan1966 View Post
    On a related note; what was the deal with the second MNF game last night?? Golic, Greenburg and Ditka sounded like three morons in a sports bar trying to talk over each other.....
    Mike and Mike need to stick to their radio show. The only thing worse than the announcing in that game was the game itself.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

If you've ever played a game of Madden 09 you'll hate Cris Collinsworth.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Yes it was like 5 years ago. Collinsworth was like a cohost with McConnell for something like three days a week. It only went on for like maybe 2-3 months tops, but I just remember CC and his left wing views getting roasted pretty hard by Mike and the callers.
    I'll have to ask him about that....sounds like a good story
    Last edited by Matt700wlw; 09-10-2008 at 12:38 AM.

Turn Off Ads?