Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Official "I drafted Tom Brady and now my fantasy team is screwed" thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The Official "I drafted Tom Brady and now my fantasy team is screwed" thread

It always sucks (whether you like the Patriots or not) to lose such a great player so early in the year -- and it sucks even worse when he's the franchise player on your fantasy squad.

Now I have to decide whether or not to start Kurt Warner or pick up Matt Cassel and hope for the best.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Re: The Official "I drafted Tom Brady and now my fantasy team is screwed" thread

I am releasing Brady and Schaub and hoping to pick up Cassel and Warner.

Really hurts my team, but today I had Michael Turner who was pretty awesome, so I'm going to be 1-0

Re: The Official "I drafted Tom Brady and now my fantasy team is screwed" thread

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    I am releasing Brady and Schaub and hoping to pick up Cassel and Warner.

Really hurts my team, but today I had Michael Turner who was pretty awesome, so I'm going to be 1-0
    I wouldn't give up on Schaub just yet. He played on the road against one of the better Ds in the league. He still managed to produce an OK fantasy day. He will have quite a few favorable matchups as the year goes on.

Of course try to get Cassel for Brady.

Do not drop Schaub.

Warner was nothing special anyway. I'd try and get him but not at Schaub's expense.

Warner should put up solid numbers, that's who I drafted as my backup to Brady and I'm comfortable with it. Week 1 is a bit early too bail out on Schaub, that was just a bad game. As for Matt Cassel, he's an awful QB who'll likely be replaced by Chris Simms in the next couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    As for Matt Cassel, he's an awful QB who'll likely be replaced by Chris Simms in the next couple of days.
    I don't know about that -- Simms hasn't played a down of regular season football in almost two years, and he didn't look great in any of Tampa's preseason games.

I like Chris a lot and wish things had turned out differently for him with the Buccaneers, but I don't think he's the answer for anything more than depth in New England.

i had a buddy in 50 dollar pool, pay the guy with the first pick 100 dollars for him to draft brady and then trade him to him.. now he is out 100 dollars more than any of us.. and he probably wont win anything on his original investment.. hahahaha

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

You all have my condolences. While not at all the same, I'm worried about how Randy Moss' production is going to change for me now.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    You all have my condolences. While not at all the same, I'm worried about how Randy Moss' production is going to change for me now.
    As you should be.

Matt Cassel's arm rivals Chad Pennington's, aka neither can throw the ball down the field, and Randy Moss has made a living at getting open down the field.

Everyone's an expert on Matt Cassel all of a sudden.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Everyone's an expert on Matt Cassel all of a sudden.
    This week will be his first start since high school, I think.

I picked him up and, honestly, that's more a vote of respect for Bill Belichick than anything else. He drafted Cassel despite the fact that the kid never started a game in college at USC -- there has to be something about him that he liked or thought would work at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    This week will be his first start since high school, I think.

I picked him up and, honestly, that's more a vote of respect for Bill Belichick than anything else. He drafted Cassel despite the fact that the kid never started a game in college at USC -- there has to be something about him that he liked or thought would work at the next level.
    First start since November, 1999. If it makes you feel better, though, he's not a Pennington-like noodle arm, I can't even guess where that impression came from. Who knows if he can play? How would anyone know?

I heard on the radio this morning that the Pats had scheduled Chris Simms and Tim Rattay to come in for a workout BEFORE Brady was injured, and they sent them away without a workout AFTER they knew how badly Brady had been injured. They really don't have an alternative to Cassel, except a very raw rookie, Kevin O'Connell, and it doesn't seem like they're in any hurry to get one.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?