*** THIS IS NOT A POLITCIAL THREAD. PLEASE DO NOT TURN IT INTO ONE.***
I read this article (http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/07/ny...prod=permalink) and it got me thinking more about 9/11/2001. What do you remember?
Here is what I remember...
- I remember it was beautiful sunny day with bright blue skies
- I remember being told of the first plane hitting the WTC at work from someone listening to Howard Stern
- I remember believing it was Cessna
- I remember racing to a PC to find out more information once told of a second plane.
- I remember the panic of my wife when told of the events because her sister was in NYC on a business trip.
- I remember my sister in-law's struggle to get out of the city and come home.
- I remember searching any news site to get some bit of information.
- I remember co-workers walking around with a look of horror, sadness or shock on their faces.
- I remember feeling angry and scared that night.
- I remember not wanting to have children because "why would I want to bring them into this world."
- I remember people debating whether or not sporting events should be cancelled at a time when so many were mourning.
- I remember watching countless hours of TV coverage.
- I remember the passengers on those planes whenever I hear "I'm Already There" by Lonestar.
- I remember the sound of the plane.
- I remember every time I hear a plane fly over.