Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Re: WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

Okay, I have one more question. I drafted Dallas Clark in the seventh round of my 10 team draft and after his injury last Sunday night, I think I need to pick up another TE to cover me for at least this Sunday. Considering Rosario's big day for Carolina last Sunday I am considering him or Bo Scaife for Tennessee. Scaife is going against the Bengals, any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    alright folks here is my conundrum

start 1 WR and 1 W/R from this list:
    ted ginn jr.
    kevin walter
    sammy morris
    tim hightower

i'm thinking walter and morris.

walter really did great for me in week 1 and i think he'll have a solid fantasy season...

i'm not ready to give up on ginn, but he seems the clear-cut choice to head to the bench in this situation

thoughts?
    I do agree you are in a tight spot. Like you stated, Walter will like give you less variance in his week-to-week starts, but I think Ginn has a much better chance of putting up some big weeks. You just have to decide how many points you think you are going to need from that WR spot, if you need a big day, I'd go with Ginn, but if you just need 5 points, I'd go with Walter.

As for the Flex, I'm pretty sold on Sammy Morris. He's stealing a lot of carries from Laurence Maroney and he had a good week last week. I always prefer starting a RB over a WR at the flex unless I have no real choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Okay, I have one more question. I drafted Dallas Clark in the seventh round of my 10 team draft and after his injury last Sunday night, I think I need to pick up another TE to cover me for at least this Sunday. Considering Rosario's big day for Carolina last Sunday I am considering him or Bo Scaife for Tennessee. Scaife is going against the Bengals, any thoughts?
    I'm assuming Fasano's not available? Pennington doesn't have a big arm, and will check down to the TE. I think Fasano will get a lot of looks.

Not sure about Rosario or Scaife.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I had a good week from my non-stud RB corps last week -- and with Brady gone, I need to make sure that continues.

Which 2 would you start out of this group:

Reggie Bush @ WAS
    Earnest Gaham v. ATL
    Chris Jonson @ CIN
    Matt Forte @ CAR
    Ricky Williams @ ARI

Bush / Johnson

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    alright folks here is my conundrum

start 1 WR and 1 W/R from this list:
    ted ginn jr.
    kevin walter
    sammy morris
    tim hightower

i'm thinking walter and morris.

thoughts?
    Definitely Ginn and Morris. No question.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Scaife was a good (not great) option when VY was favoring him. Now, with Collins throwing the ball, I'm not sure how many touches he will get. In a ten team league, you should have better options on the waiver wire than Scaife and Rosario. What about Olsen from CHI, Scheffler from DEN, Miller from OAK?

Quote Originally Posted by NJReds View Post
    I'm assuming Fasano's not available? Pennington doesn't have a big arm, and will check down to the TE. I think Fasano will get a lot of looks.

Not sure about Rosario or Scaife.
    Fasano was available. In the end, I seem to agree with your rationale. I really only need a tight end for this week, because as soon as Dallas Clark is back, he will be in the lineup. But with Rosario only practicing a couple of times because of his foot, I think Fasano should put up better numbers. Plus, I'd rather have my tight end go up against the Cardinals than the Bears.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Gosh, Caveat. I'd almost sit Bush and play Graham. He should have a great week against the Falcons, especially since Gruden said he will get him involved more.

I also like players at home versus the road, and while I haven't checked, Bush can't be faster/better on grass, can he?
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 09-14-2008 at 10:12 AM.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Gosh, Caveat. I'd almost sit Bush and play Graham. He should have a great week against the Falcons, especially since Gruden said he will get him involved more.

I also like players at home versus the road, and while I haven't checked, Bush can't be faster/better on grass, can he?
    After this week's effort, Graham is a must-play every week for me. He's just an impressive runner that never seems to go down on first contact and has actually shown a bit of explosion as well.

I'll rotate in Chris Johnson (who I started this week), Matt Forte, and Reggie Bush based on the matchups.

Even though I didn't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds, I really like the group I ended up with.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    After this week's effort, Graham is a must-play every week for me. He's just an impressive runner that never seems to go down on first contact and has actually shown a bit of explosion as well.

I'll rotate in Chris Johnson (who I started this week), Matt Forte, and Reggie Bush based on the matchups.

Even though I didn't draft a RB in the first 3 rounds, I really like the group I ended up with.
    As long as you avoided Tom Brady and Marques Colston in the first couple rounds, it looks like you ended up with a pretty good team.

Too bad I had to draft LT who seems to be falling apart and Willis McGahee who can't stay healthy.

Turn Off Ads?