Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

I had a good week from my non-stud RB corps last week -- and with Brady gone, I need to make sure that continues.

Which 2 would you start out of this group:

Reggie Bush @ WAS
    Earnest Gaham v. ATL
    Chris Jonson @ CIN
    Matt Forte @ CAR
    Ricky Williams @ ARI
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: WTS (Who To Start?): Week 2

If it's PPR, Bush and Johnson. If not, Forte and Johnson.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    If it's PPR, Bush and Johnson. If not, Forte and Johnson.

I agree. Johnson is a must start against the Bengals. Forte also looked very good against a good defense Sunday night, so if it's not PPR, I'd give Forte the other spot.

I have LT who will start no matter what, but I have another RB and flex spot to fill with either Maroney, McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, Fred Taylor or Marvin Harrison. Thoughts?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I agree. Johnson is a must start against the Bengals. Forte also looked very good against a good defense Sunday night, so if it's not PPR, I'd give Forte the other spot.

I have LT who will start no matter what, but I have another RB and flex spot to fill with either Maroney, McGahee, DeAngelo Williams, Fred Taylor or Marvin Harrison. Thoughts?
    Maroney & Harrison would be my two picks.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Maroney & Harrison would be my two picks.
    I agree with this.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Maroney will see his workload increase as the pats realize Cassel is not as good as he looked against KC. Start MARONEY! I always like Harrison as well. Manning can chuck it and he does a good job of spreading out his throws to the WR corps...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Tough decision week for my second team.

Out of these WR, who should be my starting 3.

Colston vs Washington
    Welker vs NYJ
    Crayton vs Philly
    DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
    Eddie Royal vs San Diego

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Colston vs Washington
    Welker vs NYJ
    Crayton vs Philly
    DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
    Eddie Royal vs San Diego
    That is who I would start. Marshall comes back for Denver and will suck up many of the catches Royal got in week #1. Royal was also playing an awful team in Oakland.

Jackson is a clear cut starter and if the Eagles have a chance in this game it will be a shoot out.

I still think Welker is a WR2, especially in PPR league, since Cassel will need to check down a lot.

We start two RB, two WR, and a RB-WR-TE. I've got LT, Braylon and Marshall, so they will all start, but I need to choose one more RB and a flex player from the following list:

Reggie Bush @ Washington
    Matt Forte @ Carolina
    Darren McFadden @ KC

Right now I'm leaning towards Bush and McFadden (higher picks) but Forte made a good case for himself last week, too...
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

McFadden hurt his shoulder, so keep an eye on that as the week progresses, RedEye. But as long as he's healthy, he'd be worth the start against the Chiefs. If it's PPR then Bush is easily the next best option.

And for myself, this may seem like a no brainer, but I'm considering starting Anthony Fasano(vs Arizona) over Kellen Winslow(vs Pitts). What do you guys think? Pittsburgh has a tough defense and I think that Pennington is going to rely heavily on his TE, especially one of catching a few balls. Also factoring in is that I've gone over Winslow's production historically against the Steelers and it isnt great.

Tough decision week for my second team.

Out of these WR, who should be my starting 3.

Colston vs Washington
    Welker vs NYJ
    Crayton vs Philly
    DeSean Jackson vs Dallas
    Eddie Royal vs San Diego
    Colston's out for 4-to-6 weeks.

I'd go with Welker, Crayton and Jackson.
    "The players make the manager, it's never the other way." - Sparky Anderson

And for myself, this may seem like a no brainer, but I'm considering starting Anthony Fasano(vs Arizona) over Kellen Winslow(vs Pitts). What do you guys think? Pittsburgh has a tough defense and I think that Pennington is going to rely heavily on his TE, especially one of catching a few balls. Also factoring in is that I've gone over Winslow's production historically against the Steelers and it isnt great.
    This is the kind of choice that makes fantasy so hard. Your logic is sound--in terms of match-ups and game plans, Fasano is the one to pick. However, against all these odds, Winslow is still the one with the talent to blow up and give you a that elite game that will win you the week. It's that kind of potential that would make me choose Winslow: I'd rather choose a guy who could give me between 2 and 30 points (Winslow) than a guy who ranges between 7 and 15 (Fasano). I go with Kellen here.

Another way to think about it: I'd rather regret leaving Fasano's 15 points on the bench than pull my hair out over missing out on Winslow's 30-point explosion.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Thanks for the advice. I am just afraid of starting Maroney when he splits carries pretty much down the middle with Sammie Morris. Also, I am afraid of starting Marvin Harrison with three other good receivers on the team (Wayne, Gonzalez and Clark).

I think I am going to end up going with Maroney and DeAngelo Williams. I know Williams is up against the Bears but I feel a lot better with some one I know will get 20 touches (Williams) than one who may not get more than 5 looks from Peyton (Harrison).

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I am just afraid of starting Maroney when he splits carries pretty much down the middle with Sammie Morris.
    Personally, I think Morris will provide better numbers for fantasy owners than Maroney, especially in PPR leagues. He performed well last year and also had a good first week. At the very least, he will keep Maroney from putting up RB1 type numbers.

alright folks here is my conundrum

start 1 WR and 1 W/R from this list:
    ted ginn jr.
    kevin walter
    sammy morris
    tim hightower

i'm thinking walter and morris.

walter really did great for me in week 1 and i think he'll have a solid fantasy season...

i'm not ready to give up on ginn, but he seems the clear-cut choice to head to the bench in this situation

thoughts?

Turn Off Ads?