Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Young and Hungry!

Young and Hungry!

This is just fun to watch. Bruce and Votto hitting. Hannigan's defense. Dickerson's explosion onto the scene. Castillo with 3 hits and a diving catch tonight. Ok I admit he looked a little awkward on that one but his speed on the bunt it was impressive. Making me wonder if he'll force his way into a roster spot next year. Young pitchers doing their job. Late inning comebacks. The young guys are playing with a certain fire we aren't used to seeing in September. I can't wait for next April!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Young and Hungry!

...and Dustbag pinch-hitting for the sizzling hot Castillo with the bases loaded and only 1 out. I could care less about matchups here. A hot batter will hit anybody, and in this situation you want the ball hit to the outfield, which Castillo would have likely delivered.

I agree. I saw Hairston come up and thought to myself "this guy hasn't batted in 2 or 3 weeks, what in the he-el el is he doing up here, and why is the hot hitting Castillo being pulled?"

I missed most of this because Fox Sports Network stopped the Fox Indiana broadcast of the Reds at 11:00 p.m. and took us to the Cardinals Postgame Show..........

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie52 View Post
    I missed most of this because Fox Sports Network stopped the Fox Indiana broadcast of the Reds at 11:00 p.m. and took us to the Cardinals Postgame Show..........
    I know...I saw that and thought WTF!!! But, it went back to the Reds game after a couple of minutes.
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by UPRedsFan View Post
    This is just fun to watch. Bruce and Votto hitting. Hannigan's defense. Dickerson's explosion onto the scene. Castillo with 3 hits and a diving catch tonight. Ok I admit he looked a little awkward on that one but his speed on the bunt it was impressive. Making me wonder if he'll force his way into a roster spot next year. Young pitchers doing their job. Late inning comebacks. The young guys are playing with a certain fire we aren't used to seeing in September. I can't wait for next April!!!
    Every since that awful roadtrip where Bruce struckout 7 out of 9 ABs he really seems to have discovered something. I hope it carries over to next season. Votto has been no slouch either.

Last 11 games
    AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K AVG OBP SLG OPS
    Bruce 37 12 14 3 0 3 7 11 6 .378 .520 .702 1.222
    Votto 51 9 15 3 1 4 12 10 5 .294 .408 .647 1.055

the BB/K ratios are impressive.

I turned it off. I guess it was a momentary screwup. Glad to know they went back to the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?