Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: $5 a gallon

Re: $5 a gallon

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Don't they always?
    I think they enjoy it.

I saw 4.75 on the way up from NC yesterday and that is back down to 4.09, Diesel didn't move a penny and I could almost hear the truckers laughing at the panic of the car goers
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I am considering converting my truck to a water hybrid. A local welding shop owner did that to his truck identical to mine. He claims he went from 11-12 mpg, to 17-19 mpg. That would allow me to buy gas less than one time a month. Has anybody else heard about that or tried it. He claims that he has to reload the water and baking soda every 120 miles.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am considering converting my truck to a water hybrid. A local welding shop owner did that to his truck identical to mine. He claims he went from 11-12 mpg, to 17-19 mpg. That would allow me to buy gas less than one time a month. Has anybody else heard about that or tried it. He claims that he has to reload the water and baking soda every 120 miles.
    Are you gonna get a kit or do you know how to do it yourself? I'm kind of skeptical of kits that look like this:

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Believe it or not that is the basic kit that I saw installed. I will probably not do it till spring because I don't want to deal with freezing temps and the water. This guy seems to think it works.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Believe it or not that is the basic kit that I saw installed. I will probably not do it till spring because I don't want to deal with freezing temps and the water. This guy seems to think it works.
    I would probably be a lot less skeptical if I'd seen it put to use also. That's pretty cool that you can make that conversion for around 200 bucks. Keep us updated if you do go ahead and make the change. I'm gonna talk to some of my friends that are mechanics to see what they think about it.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I think they enjoy it.

I saw 4.75 on the way up from NC yesterday and that is back down to 4.09, Diesel didn't move a penny and I could almost hear the truckers laughing at the panic of the car goers

Diesel should cost less than gas anyway since it's cheaper to refine.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

paid $4.27 this morning just west of indy and topped it off in missouri at $3.59.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Bought a couple of gallons at 4.08 today here in the South Atlanta Metro area to get my through a couple of days before prices go down (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I would probably be a lot less skeptical if I'd seen it put to use also. That's pretty cool that you can make that conversion for around 200 bucks. Keep us updated if you do go ahead and make the change. I'm gonna talk to some of my friends that are mechanics to see what they think about it.
    Sounds like a good way to get your warranty voided (if applicable).
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post

Diesel should cost less than gas anyway since it's cheaper to refine.
    No kidding. It always was cheaper until a few years ago too.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    My dad (a mechanic) and his mechanic buddies put kits like that on their vehicles. They had an inservice taught by someone who said he doubled his mileage on a Honda Accord with that exact kit. My dad has gained about 1 or 2 mpg but says "it runs much better" and "i'm still tweaking it." I think he's a little disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by ABEsolutely View Post
    My dad (a mechanic) and his mechanic buddies put kits like that on their vehicles. They had an inservice taught by someone who said he doubled his mileage on a Honda Accord with that exact kit. My dad has gained about 1 or 2 mpg but says "it runs much better" and "i'm still tweaking it." I think he's a little disappointed
    Having read a little about this, I wonder one of two things:

1. Are they using Distilled Water, apparently it makes a difference?
    2. Have they adjusted their O2 sensors? Supposedly the sensors detect less gas vapor, and adjust the fuel intake upwards.

My Dad and I are going to do this to the old farm truck first. But it will probably be in the spring.

Yeah he uses only distilled water. And that's what he's always tweaking--the sensors.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    In the long run, the American economy will be much stronger when it is free from a market controlled by countries whose political aims run contrary to our own.
    In the short run, it's killing me on my commute to-and-from work.

"Good of the many" be damned -- I'm sick of paying close to $5 per day in gas just to get to work.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

That water thing is interesting. I'd never heard of it.

The only way out of this mess is to invent our way out. If there is one thing us Americans can do, it's come up with new cool ways of doing things. Just need to make it financially more viable.

But the Saudis and petro cartels now know where the pain point is for the price of oil. Under that price, us Americans will keep our heads in the sand and keep using gasoline. Above it, we start figuring out new ways to get around it.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Turn Off Ads?