Turn Off Ads?

Thread: john fays blog

john fays blog

has anyone read it yet supposely jocketty says reds could try votto in left field , edwin at first base, even brandon at shortstop come spring training and see how players handle the switch . just wondered because i am new too this internet stuff and dont know how to cut paste stuff real good yet.

and if reds did make these switches final would u like it or hate it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: john fays blog

Quote Originally Posted by votto08 View Post
    has anyone read it yet supposely jocketty says reds could try votto in left field , edwin at first base, even brandon at shortstop come spring training and see how players handle the switch . just wondered because i am new too this internet stuff and dont know how to cut paste stuff real good yet.

I'd rather see Edwin tried in LF personally much like Ryan Braun made the switch. He's athletic enough I think to be a really good outfielder. Brandon to SS makes sense just from the fact we know he's got the arm for it and came up as a SS. I dont see trying Votto out in LF being much more than a spring training thing.

Im pretty blah about the whole thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Gonzalez is the SS. Phillips plays a pretty good 2b, I don't see any advantage in moving him.
    "Six outs to a full inning. In a major league game, you're going to play 8 or 9 innings. That is never going to change. The money changes. People change. But the game itself is never going to change. The people who designed this thing are brilliant."-Jamie Moyer

Quote Originally Posted by votto08 View Post

Here you go and welcome to Redszone!

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Seems like a lot of this is putting words into Walt's mouth. It's good to hear he's open to the possibility of moving some guys around to fit the team's needs, but I don't see him saying anything about moving Phillips.

What this tells me is that the team will be seriously considering filling the LF void from within. And I guess I'm fine with that, because what this really tells me is that the offseason will be focused on pitching and (hopefully) a catcher. As much as I'd like to see this team go after a guy like Holliday, sinking a boatload of money into a LF this offseason would be going against Walt's plan.

Keep the team as young and as cheap as possible this next year and spend when the team is absolutely ready, which could be as soon as next year's trade deadline.

What it all means and how I took it when Walt talked about this at the Reds season ticket luncheon I attended (and posted on) is that Walt knows he has flexibility.

He's gonna go get. I have no doubt of that.

This just means he can go get just about anything - 2B, SS, C, LF, CF, 3B, 1B - and move what he has around.

As for AGon being given SS, I'm not sold. Dude hasnt played in far too long and wasnt a superstar when he was healthy. He's under contract. He makes the team. But I don't presume to have him playing short on opening day... just cuz.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Turn Off Ads?