Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How do you rate the return for Dunn?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

25 28.09%
  • B

23 25.84%
  • C

9 10.11%
  • too early to tell, but looks like we got the better end of deal

21 23.60%
  • too early to tell, but looks like they got the better end of deal

11 12.36%

Thread: Rate the return for Dunn

Rate the return for Dunn

rate the return for Dunn

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rate the return for Dunn

He is gone so that in itself is a plus.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

The Reds got more than I ever could have imagined for a rent-a-player. Getting Owings just blows me away. I'm surprised the D-Backs parted with him.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

I don't think this can ever be deteremined. It will basically be 2 months of Dunn plus 2 sandwich picks. Who knows who we would have drafted with those selctions. The DB's could very well pick up a stud and make us look silly or they could go the opposite route and make WJ look god-like with his omnipotent ability to judge the upcoming draft class.

I think it all hinges on how they handle Micah's bat/pitching arm. If he develops into being either a #3 type pitcher or can manage to OPS .800+ in LF then it was a steal for the Reds. If he becomes a jack of all trades but master of none type player, then the consenus will be out for quite some time.

Also there is the wild card in Buck. I have no idea on what to expect from him but another Thompson type scenario would be incredibly beneficial. WJ has shown a penchant for trading prospects for proven vets in the prime years of their career.

I think the true wild card here is in what the Reds do with the freed up payroll from both Dunn and Griffey. So many people focus on the players in the trade, but the true goal here in both the Junior and Dunn trades was to free up payroll.

If the Reds sign some key free agents, or even make some additional trades that add payroll, that will still be a part of the Dunn trade, because the freed up payroll allowed the next acquisition. Does that make sense?

So, while getting Owings and the others was nice, what the Reds do from here on out with extra money is what will be the deciding factor.

Turn Off Ads?