Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rookie Keepers (Baseball)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rookie Keepers (Baseball)

Ok, I need some advice. In my league we get to pick 1 rookie keeper.

On my team I have Jay Bruce, Evan Longoria, and David Price.

Who should I keep? I was kind of leaning towards Longoria, but I'm not so sure.

Re: Rookie Keepers (Baseball)

Longoria has the most upside of these guys I think. I'd never keep a rookie pitcher who hasn't pitched a single game in the bigs.

Bruce is going to be very good, I just think Longoria will be slightly better and will hit 4 hole on a better team the next couple seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    Longoria has the most upside of these guys I think. I'd never keep a rookie pitcher who hasn't pitched a single game in the bigs.

Bruce is going to be very good, I just think Longoria will be slightly better and will hit 4 hole on a better team the next couple seasons.
    IMO, Price is not (yet) in the same conversation as the other two. In our league setup, Longoria is a better keeper than Bruce because he plays 3B. Bruce may have just as much upside, but there are a lot of OF out there. That said, I'd still choose Bruce.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

LONGORIA

Look at those rookie numbers. Bruce will be good, but Longoria already is.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

What do you guys think on this keeper scenario.

I'm keeping Morneau, Ichiro, Hamilton. I have one more spot...

Granderson or Youkilis? Normally Youkilis never comes in mind, but he threw up some monster numbers.
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    What do you guys think on this keeper scenario.

I'm keeping Morneau, Ichiro, Hamilton. I have one more spot...

Granderson or Youkilis? Normally Youkilis never comes in mind, but he threw up some monster numbers.
    Gotta go Youk on this one. He should be eligible for 3B next year and his numbers at 3B will be near the top.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Gotta go Youk on this one. He should be eligible for 3B next year and his numbers at 3B will be near the top.
    I agree. And if you're keeping Ichiro, that makes it easier to part with Granderson.

Longoria
    Bruce
    Price

In that order.

This seems to be the keeper question thread so I'll throw mine out.

10 team 4 player keeper.

ARod
    Jose Reyes
    Utley
    Morneau
    Lincecum

The 1st three are no brain picks, but what about Morneau and Lincecum?

I will also have the 3rd pick in the draft so it won't be that important of a decision as I'll have a pretty good chance to get whoever I don't keep at #3.

Leaning towards Lincecum.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    This seems to be the keeper question thread so I'll throw mine out.

10 team 4 player keeper.

ARod
    Jose Reyes
    Utley
    Morneau
    Lincecum

The 1st three are no brain picks, but what about Morneau and Lincecum?

I will also have the 3rd pick in the draft so it won't be that important of a decision as I'll have a pretty good chance to get whoever I don't keep at #3.

Leaning towards Lincecum.
    Morneau no brainer to me. If 40 players are kept in the league, Morneau will surely be take within those first two picks. Never are there as many pitchers kept, maybe 5 total? I think you keep Morneau and if you want can still get an ace with the 3 pick. How many guys with Morneau's numbers will be available? I think if you kept those 4 you easily have the best group in the league.

- Joe Posnanski

I'd take Lincecum, without a doubt, it's much easier to pick up offense (especially at 1B/DH) than it is to find an ace pitcher the likes of Lincecum.

OK, so we have my rookie keeper decided, but I also get to keep 2 position players and 2 pitchers, what would you guys do?

Top 4 Position Players:
    Ryan Braun
    Hanley Ramirez
    Josh Hamilton
    Mark Teixeira

Top Pitchers:
    Edinson Volquez
    Josh Beckett
    Jon Lester

I am leaning towards keeping Braun, Hanley, Volquez, and Beckett. However, I've been kind of leaning towards taking either Teixeira or Hamilton recently over Braun. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by JWP View Post
    I'd take Lincecum, without a doubt, it's much easier to pick up offense (especially at 1B/DH) than it is to find an ace pitcher the likes of Lincecum.

OK, so we have my rookie keeper decided, but I also get to keep 2 position players and 2 pitchers, what would you guys do?

Top 4 Position Players:
    Ryan Braun
    Hanley Ramirez
    Josh Hamilton
    Mark Teixeira

Top Pitchers:
    Edinson Volquez
    Josh Beckett
    Jon Lester

I am leaning towards keeping Braun, Hanley, Volquez, and Beckett. However, I've been kind of leaning towards taking either Teixeira or Hamilton recently over Braun. Any advice?
    Might depend on where Teixeira goes in free agency, but as of right now I agree with your choices.

- Joe Posnanski

Would you keep Berkman in keeper leagues?
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Quote Originally Posted by penantboundreds View Post
    Would you keep Berkman in keeper leagues?
    Depends on who your other options are ...

we get to keep twelve....im trying to decide between these guys

russel martin, tex, hanley, longoria, berkman, markakis, ellsbury, burrell, burnett, webb, harden, k-rod, lidge, broxton, oswalt, zambrano

please help
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

Turn Off Ads?