Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Cincinnati could be getting a professional football team

Cincinnati could be getting a professional football team

Looks like there may be plans to revive the old USFL, and Cincinnati could get a franchise this time around...

http://newusfl.com/USFLTeams/teams.html

It would be nice to see professional football come to town.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cincinnati could be getting a professional football team

Since Hamilton County obstensibly owns PBS, does that mean this new team could play there or does Mike Brown have a say?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

I feel like it would cost more money to run PBS for a USFL game than they'd make, so it'd be pointless to have it there. If Cincy does get a team, I believe it would make more sense to play the games at either Nippert or cut a deal with Mount St. Joe where they get complete use of the facility while giving Mount St. Joe the resources necessary to expand the stadium and parking facilities (See West High Baseball and the Cincinnati Steam). Even some of the larger high school stadiums in the area could be a possibility if their facilities such as concessions, restrooms, and parking are up to date.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

I don't see it happening at Nippert. The university seems to like the idea of the open campus, with that available most of the time to students for activities. I don't see them changing that unless they were to substantially help with the practice facilities UC is hoping to get.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds33 View Post
    I don't see them changing that unless they were to substantially help with the practice facilities UC is hoping to get.
    Wouldn't having the facility in use go a long way to getting those facilities, and possibly the upgrades to Nippert that they hope to see in the distant future.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

The logos on the website make it appears as though they're getting ready for the 1984 season.

I guess (hope?) the logos are from the previous USFL? Or the whole thing's a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    The logos on the website make it appears as though they're getting ready for the 1984 season.

I guess (hope?) the logos are from the previous USFL? Or the whole thing's a joke...
    Those are the old logos. The list of new teams does not match the old list.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?