Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Ned Yost Fired by Brewers

Ned Yost Fired by Brewers

I just saw on ESPN that Yost got canned today despite being tied for the Wild Card lead in the NL. I really don't believe, despite their recent struggles in the past few weeks, that this was the right move. Last year's collapse had to be a driving factor in the decision made today, but I feel like replacing the manager with less than a month left in the season, and still the Wild Card leader, they have kissed their playoff chances goodbye for the second season in a row.
    Last edited by highheat11; 09-15-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ned Yost Fired by Brewers

Most managerial firings come, and bring with them some winning. I can see the reason that they fired Yost, though he's a very good manager, IMO, and they should have let him finish the year.

We should have traded Coffey and Dusty for Yost.

Quote Originally Posted by ED44 View Post
    We should have traded Coffey and Dusty for Yost.
    I'd take it
    Last edited by highheat11; 09-15-2008 at 04:47 PM.
    I'd walk through hell in a gasoline suit to play baseball. -- Pete Rose

2009 Record while in attendance: Terrible

That one just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What 12(?) games left in the season, in the wild card hunt, and you want to drop this atom bomb in the clubhouse?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenk29 View Post
    That one just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. What 12(?) games left in the season, in the wild card hunt, and you want to drop this atom bomb in the clubhouse?
    They may prove me wrong, but I would think this does a ton of damage to those guys who have to finish those last 12 games. What a joke.

man...who fires a manager with 12 games left?

I'd be mad if I was Yost.

Next Year

Not a particularly big fan of this move. I feel it was probably made for nebulous reasons such as Yost has "lost control of his team". Yost is a fine manager, he shouldn't have much trouble finding a job somewhere else next season.

Man, most teams (not in the post-season hunt) would "die" to be in the Brewers' position in the standings! There's got to be more to this than we are hearing. Did the dugout scuffle in Cincy signal the "beginning of the end" for Yost?

Turn Off Ads?