Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Buckeye Basketball

Re: Buckeye Basketball

Bucks up 17 with about 8 to go and David Lightly has just taken over the basketball game. His play in the last 4 minutes is some of the most dominate play on both ends of the court I have ever seen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

BIG TEN TOURNAMENT CHAMPS!!!!!!

Huge 2nd half to win by 29 points

Number 1 seed will be nice but 2 will still be alright as I do not think we would have to play the number one until the Elite 8 ?
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

# 2 seed Buckeyes to play UC Santa Barbara on Friday in Milw. Wisconsin.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,7063818.story
    Last edited by goreds2; 03-14-2010 at 06:19 PM.

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Re: Lady Buckeye Basketball

We have to give the Lady Buckeyes some love. A fun team to watch.

They also received a number 2 seed (30-4).

They play Sunday at 12:06pm on ESPN 2.

http://espn.go.com/womens-college-ba...nament/bracket

15 St. Francis (PA)
    (17-14, 11-7 NEC)

2 Ohio St
    (30-4, 15-3 Big Ten)
    ESPN2 12:06 PM ET

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

As much as I've tried to figure out how it happened I can't comprehend how OSU got the 4th #2 seed and are in the #1 overall seeds bracket when Kansas St. somehow is a higher #2 seed and in a much easier bracket and they did not win anything of significance all year.

I guess sharing the regular season title and winning the conference tournament somehow doesnt over shadow the great thing KSt did this season.
    Matta = Really good

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    As much as I've tried to figure out how it happened I can't comprehend how OSU got the 4th #2 seed and are in the #1 overall seeds bracket when Kansas St. somehow is a higher #2 seed and in a much easier bracket and they did not win anything of significance all year.

I guess sharing the regular season title and winning the conference tournament somehow doesnt over shadow the great thing KSt did this season.
    Heard a guy from the committee on ESPN radio yesterday. They asked him about this very thing. He claimed that they were more concerned with geography. In the past teams spent more time complaining about being shipped across the country and using it as an excuse for losing. It still doesn't excuse giving Duke the powderpuff schedule.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Ohio State looking tired so far today.

Agree on the Hightower part. I bet that guy blows his whistle at the hotel during breakfast.
    When I enrolled at IU in 1996, I realized that I had to turn in the "I hate Ed Hightower" card I had picked up as a UC fan until that point.

IU fans LOVE Hightower. In fact in the Valentine's Day Massacre, (Illinois 2000Ted Valentine threw Knight out and gave him 3 technicals.) For every cheap call against IU, it seemed like Hightower would try to make up for it by calling one on the Illini.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    When I enrolled at IU in 1996, I realized that I had to turn in the "I hate Ed Hightower" card I had picked up as a UC fan until that point.

IU fans LOVE Hightower. In fact in the Valentine's Day Massacre, (Illinois 2000Ted Valentine threw Knight out and gave him 3 technicals.) For every cheap call against IU, it seemed like Hightower would try to make up for it by calling one on the Illini.
    The problem with a guy like Hightower and his over zealous whistle is that he can significantly change the game. I was listening to the OSU Minnesota game on the radio and the announcers commented numerous times "there was no advantage gained, let them play". If Hightower has an over zealous whistle in a NCAA game a teams star player can end up on the bench early with 2 or even 3 fouls.

Look no further than the X Dayton game of how one whistle can change the game. The T called on Lowery was an awful call and cooler heads needed to prevail. Instead the official called a snap-T on Lowery basically handing the game to X.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post

That seems like a way too consistent strategy for Ed Hightower. I think he might just have a random number generator and when it goes off he blows the whistle.

9:45 pm est. Friday night.

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Heading up Milwaukee for the game tonight from the Chicago area. Bought tickets on Stubhub last night in the upper deck, row H for $140 total. Got woken up this morning by a call from Stubhub saying the tickets I bought were no longer available but they had tickets in a similar section for the same price in row P. I said "uhh, no, those tickets are a lot worse in terms of row." The lady said hold on and I'll see what I can discount. Long story short I got half off my order so now we have tickets for $35 each for the game. I'm pretty happy with the price reduction and I'm sure the two games tonight will be great. Go Bucks!

I hope OSU plays more like KSU than Villanova tonight!

I was worried about Georgetown coming out of the lower half of the bracket. Now that OU beat them OSU should have a much easier road to the sweet 16. However I hope the players aren't overconfident. As we have seen in this tournament the lower seeded teams are pretty darn good.

Lady Buckeyes are currently playing on ESPN2. If they are not on the HD channel, try the standard def. one. That is what I had to do in my area.
    (not in HD - )

Men Buckeyes play around 2pm est. today. (CBS, of course)

GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.

Sweet 16 baby!

Wasn't always pretty but still a solid win. I'm still not sure they can win it all. It seems like they get a little too streaky and lose focus at times. The games only get harder and that type of play will eventually lead to a loss. But when they are on and clicking I think they are the best team in the tournament that I've seen so far except for maybe Syracuse.

Turn Off Ads?