• USA! USA! USA!

7 35.00%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ryder Cup

Re: 2008 Ryder Cup

i missed it mwm what was he doing?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Look, I take it back. Let's talk about the Ryder Cup, not Poulter.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

no i meant garcia, my friend

Ah, sorry. He lost one right on #5 into somevery heavy stuff. It was close to the stairs and he wanted to take a drop because his "normal stance" put his left foot on the edge of the stairs. But it appeared to me he was taking some liberties with his left foot on his "normal stance." Kim also looked like he had some questions about whether it was a normal stance or not. I think Sergio was hoping for a better lie. But his drop didn't leave himany better, so he took an unplayable lie anyway.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

And then Garcia puts two in the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

One of the great things about Ryder Cup week is that I become fans of some of the younger American golfers. I was kind of lukewarm on Mahan and Kim prior to this.I didn't displike them, but they always seemed a little cocky to me (my perception could be off though). But this week has made me big time fans of both guys. Mahan missed a bunny on #1, but has been bones ever since making a couple of long putts to halve holes that could have won by Casey. That guy has some serious game. And Ilove Kim's youthful enthusiasm. He's really in to the Ryder Cup and I love that.

Denorfia, I mean Henrik Stenson is down 3 after 5 holes.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Wow, the only thing keepin Euro in this thing is Poulter and McDowell. Who woulda thunk it?

Especially with the US with some big flags on the board right now, Kim and Perry being 3 up, it magnafies how much help it is to be in the lead.

When playing from behind, every halved match is a half point that you can't make up.
    When playing from ahead, a halved match is one half point closer to the total.

Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!!

I've also became a big fan of his.

Momentum starting to shift to the Euros.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    why do they concede short putts? i'd want to make them make them all just in case
    good work kim

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    And then Garcia puts two in the water.
    Was I the only one who was wishing he would go "Tin Cup" on us and keep draining shots into the water until he made the green?

Is it wrong for me to get A LOT of enjoyment out of Sergio missing that short putt?

I kinda feel bad for Leonard. Kaarlson is by far the best player in this thing at this moment. I don't think anyone could play with him when he's playing like this.

Mahan sinks ANOTHER long one. He's really stepped up this week.

Turn Off Ads?