• Team Euro

13 65.00%
  • USA! USA! USA!

7 35.00%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ryder Cup

Re: 2008 Ryder Cup

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I take back everything I said about JB Holmes. I was clearly wrong and clearly underestimated him.
    Kentucky Boy Coming up BIG!!!!! Go big BLUE!!!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

2. Turn Off Ads?

you know, I say give it back to Zinger again in 2010, can they do that? Who makes the decision?

Little bad luck for Furyk with his ball landing in a divot on #17.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Furyk needs a 2 putt to win the Ryder. I don't see "ponytail" making that birdie putt.

We win!!

This is incredible. The Ryder Cup is back in the hands of the Americans.

These last 3 days have been nothing short of unbelievable to watch.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

yessssssssssssssssssssssssss

These 3 days of golf have been so much fun to watch. I love the Ryder Cup.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

it should also be said that the americans celebration was much classier than the europeans of the last few ryders

Just a great three days of golf. I was worried that without Tiger and a few of the European big names the level of play would fall off...but it arguably was the best it's been in a long time.

Anyone watching the Golf channel and listening to the interview with Westwood where he is b!tching about the American crowd and how he prefers to play overseas as opposed to in the states? I guess he has also made some comments about Weekley at some point during the weekend. I did see Westwood staring him down a few times.

He didn't have a good weekend, I guess maybe he should focus more on his game and less on the crowd and the actions of his opposition.

USA USA USA!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    Just a great three days of golf. I was worried that without Tiger and a few of the European big names the level of play would fall off...but it arguably was the best it's been in a long time.
    I agree. The caliber of golf was simply breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Anyone watching the Golf channel and listening to the interview with Westwood where he is b!tching about the American crowd and how he prefers to play overseas as opposed to in the states? I guess he has also made some comments about Weekley at some point during the weekend. I did see Westwood staring him down a few times.
    I didn't see what he said, so I'll withold some judgement. I hope they're not too much sour grapes. I've always like Westwood, but he could very well become the next Colin Montgomery. He's won all of one time in the states and that was some no name tournament a long time ago. But his entire demeanor this week reaked of whinysour grapes.

As for crowds, I don't see how any Europeans could, with a straight face, complain about the American crowds if they've experienced Ryder Cups in Europe with their crowds. They're every bit as rowdy as ours.

Yea, that didn't suck. Loved it! I wish I could play in one of them. I just can't imagine what that would feel like.

It was great to see Boo shine this week. He's a great, great guy. I've had the pleasure to have played with him a half a dozen times a few years back on a mini-tour. He's a redneck, but a class-act. You'd have to try real hard to find something negative to say about him.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Turn Off Ads?