20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Euro

13 65.00%
  • USA! USA! USA!

7 35.00%
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ryder Cup

Re: 2008 Ryder Cup

Wow, Mahan just put it in the hazard. He was WAY too hyped up. How deflating.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Well, that's another half point blown on the 18th. How many of those have the US had this week compared to Europe?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Well... 1/2 points don't help the europeans but I had Mahan winning that watch as well. Of course, I had Kim losing..
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Doesn't matter what we had going into the match. It only matters what's on the board right now. A full point from Mahan and I like our chances. A half point, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Well, that's another half point blown on the 18th. How many of those have the US had this week compared to Europe?
    you know most good golfers when they hit a bad drive they hook it. I've seen a lot in the water this week. 5 years ago I hit the fairway.....still made 6, I hit it in the bunker in front of the green.

Phil can go home now...

Sure would be nice to have Tiger today.

This whole "retaining" the cup thing is weak. If you tie, you don't win and souldn't be celebrating anything.

Kenny played great...47 years old. 2-1-1...who would of thought it 8 months ago..??

This whole "retaining" the cup thing is weak. If you tie, you don't win and souldn't be celebrating anything.
    I disagree, they have the cup until someone wins it from them. THe honus should be on the team trying to get it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I disagree, they have the cup until someone wins it from them. THe honus should be on the team trying to get it back.
    Well, I don't see it that way. Sure, if someone HAS to actually hold the cup, the it should be with the team who won it last. But as for competition, tying is not even close to winning.

WHEN Boo and Furyk win that is 13 1/2 points so if Homes and Campbell could tie, that is 14 and 1/2 points!

Graeme McDowell is just sick.

Things are a looking better, but it's still too close for comfort.

Well, I don't see it that way. Sure, if someone HAS to actually hold the cup, the it should be with the team who won it last. But as for competition, tying is not even close to winning.
    I do agree celebrating like you won it goes a bit far.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?