• Team Euro

13 65.00%
  • USA! USA! USA!

7 35.00%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ryder Cup

Re: 2008 Ryder Cup

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Is it wrong for me to get A LOT of enjoyment out of Sergio missing that short putt?

I kinda feel bad for Leonard. Kaarlson is by far the best player in this thing at this moment. I don't think anyone could play with him when he's playing like this.
    i was lmao

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sergio in full metldown mode. Let's hope Kim can keep the pressure on.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Geez, Phil is sure frustrating. I don't buy the "cashing a check" argument, but he's just not there upstairs so often when the pressure is on.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

wow, hats off the Kim. I did not think he had it in him today. Garcia has been so strong in past Ryder Cups.

It looks as if Leonard has ran into a hot putter today and his has cooled off.

and Phil is being Phil today, down 3 through 11. They said today that Phil has only won 2 points in the last 15 Ryder cup matches. Is that possible?
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

I have a not-so-good feeling right about now. Mahan really needs to win his match. If Mahan loses, that will spell trouble for the US.

Other than Kim, do you get the feeling we are starting to leak oil?

Kim just spanked Garcia...5 and 4...wow. He did not even know he won it.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Other than Kim, do you get the feeling we are starting to leak oil?
    Yep. If you look at who's leading right now, the ones we're down that are close are much more likely to go the other way than the ones we are losing close. And the tied ones I think favor them as well.

I think the final 3 matches will definitely go to Europe. I don't see Holmes winning either.

With Kim, the US still needs 4.5. I think Perry and Weekley will win. They still need 2.5 points. They don't have any other matches that I think they are favored. They need two of Mahan, Furyk, and Cink to win desperately, and they need a half from someone else. I just don't see where that half point will come from. If Holmes can pull a half point, that would be HUGE.

In other words, they have to get 2.5 points from Mahan, Furyk, Cink, and Holmes. That's going to be tough. The restof the points I see going to Europe barring one of the Euro players in those matches going completely cold.

The US really needed a half point from Mickelson. When it's all said and done, we might look at the Mickelson/Kim meltdown from Saturday and the 2 point swing that cost them the Cup.

So while the score swings in favor of the US right now, I think it's even money on who will win. I wouldn't bet either way. If I had a gun to my head, I'd say Europe will win with 14.5-15 points. They're just deeper than the US.
    Last edited by MWM; 09-21-2008 at 03:23 PM.

What we are not considering is a number of these matches could end all square, which does not help the europeans.

Looks like the one unexpected factor in the US favor is Padraig Harrington. He's really struggling. I fully expect him to turn it on down the back 9, but if Campbell can squeak out a half point, that would be as big as can be.
    Last edited by MWM; 09-21-2008 at 03:31 PM.

what happened to Perry? I left the room and they said he was hurt?

He's had someback and knee problems historically. Plus, he's 48 and has played a lot of golf the last few days. His lead has been cut in half. The US in in deep trouble is they don't get a full point from him. I think he'll find it somewhere deep inside and win his match. Stenson is a hell of a match play player, though.

They said he hurt his shoulder on the tenth hole.

I said back in the spring that I'd consider trading a Reds World Series for a US Ryder Cup win. I want the US to win this so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    He's had someback and knee problems historically. Plus, he's 48 and has played a lot of golf the last few days. His lead has been cut in half. The US in in deep trouble is they don't get a full point from him. I think he'll find it somewhere deep inside and win his match. Stenson is a hell of a match play player, though.
    If I'm not mistaken, Stenson won the match championship in 06 and finished 3rd in 07...is that right?

Turn Off Ads?