Help me out. The Reds obviously need to add offense. I have been making a list of players who are either free agents or rumored to be available. So far I have:
1. Teixeira 1B (free agent) - wants huge bucks
2. Dunn LF (free agent) - don't see Walt bringing the Dunner back
3. Burrell LF (free agent) - similar player to Dunn
4. Ibanez LF (free agent) - Won't be back with the Ms
5. Abreu RF (free agent)
6. Baldelli CF (free agent) - a wild card. OPS+ of 127 in 20 games this year
7. Giles LF (possible free agent) - may not be reupped by the Padres
8. Matt Holliday LF - on the block. free agent after 2009.
9. Maglio Ordonez RF - rumored recently that he will be on the block. cost is ~$48M for 3 years.
10. Beltre 3B - Ms in rebuilding mode. free agent after 2009. My personal favorite to help the Reds.
11. JJ Hardy SS - may get pushed out by a rookie. Brew Crew wants pitching. IMO they would want Cueto not Homer, Maloney, etc.
12. Milton Bradley OF - I think he is a free agent. Comes with free baggage.
13. Melvin Mora 3B - always available. OPSing .835 this year
14. Garrett Atkins 3B - odd man out in Colorado. Pretty average hitter.
15. Since I'm starting to scrape bottom I'll stop here.
Anybody I missed that could help the 2009 team? Who are your top 1-2 choices of players to go after. Who do you think Walt will go after?