Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I didn't know Louisville was playing St. Louis tonight.

I didn't know Louisville was playing St. Louis tonight.

But, thank GOD, Corey Patterson is starting.

Dusty, quit your manlove for Patterson already. Enough's enough.

Is he trying to get Harang his 17th loss?

The lineup...

D. Richar 2B
    W. Castillo LF
    J. Votto 1B
    A. Phillips 3B
    J. Bruce RF
    R. Hanigan C
    C. Patterson CF
    P. Janish SS
    A. Harang P

He's got a million excuses for getting Patterson at-bats.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I didn't know Louisville was playing St. Louis tonight.

The lineup every night should be as follows:
    C- Hanigan
    1B- Votto
    2B- Richtar/W. Castillo
    3B- EE
    SS- Keppinger/Janish either doesnt really matter
    LF- W. Castllo is not at 2B
    CF- Dickerson
    RF- Bruce

This should be the Reds lineup every game the rest of the year.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Encarnacion was a late scratch with a sore wrist and Dickerson is dealing with a sore Achilles again so those two are injuried slightly at the moment. There really isn't a true CF on this team aside from Corey and I don't know about you guys but I'd rather have someone out there who can catch the balls most of the time than anyone playing CF for the first time in a while or ever for that matter. He's been hitting a little bit more lately so I can tolerate him a little better now that he's hitting the ball from time to time. Not that I want to see the guy here next year though so don't take that as any ringing endorsement, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Hairston can't play CF?

Anyway, to Dusty's defense, he's making all the right moves and has the team winning.

All Managers agree that one-run losses are decided by the Managers by something they did do or didn't do. Dusty's winning these games.

My only complaint against Dusty is Corey Patterson, otherwise, I like what he's done this year.

If he can get a win with this lineup, he's definitely clicking on all cylinders.

Congrats to Harang on a beautiful game.

He and Arroyo sure have it going. Makes me hopeful for next year.
    Who's on first?

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Harang was outstanding tonight! Wow, I am so impressed by how well he did tonight and I'm extremely happy for him. He's one of my favorite players and I love watching him pitch.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Harang is starting to look (dare I say) good again?
    "The Hall of Fame is there to keep alive the memory of people. You don't need to do that with people like Buck [O'Niel] and Joe [Nuxhall]. Nobody's forgetting those guys."

- Joe Posnanski

Hairston can't play CF. Bruce really can't either, and I like the idea of keep him in RF permanently.

That leaves Dickerson and Patterson. If Patterson starts we complain about his bat, if Dickerson starts and he further injures himself, we ask fore Dusty's head even more so.

Let the guy manage, there's more to it than we will ever know. Just like everyone else in the world I pray that Patterson will never come close to a Reds uni after this season, but perhaps he's really the only option at CF.

I'm a fan of all the young guys getting the start tonight. The more like Louisville the better from here on out...

Turn Off Ads?