Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day 1 in Houston.

Day 1 in Houston.

I spent much of the day in downtown Houston scoping things out. I plan on back there on Thursday and visiting the underground tunnel of malls and such.

We went on a tour of Minute Maid Park and I watched all of the Reds batting practice from the next to the dugout. I got autographs from Danny Herrera, Bronson Arroyo, and Jay Bruce. I also got a photo taken with Jay Bruce. Hell yea!!!!

I am going to the Houston Space Center tomorrow. I just now found out that they extended the Star Wars exhibit and I get to see it. I was under the assumption and was pretty pissed that it was scheduled to end the week before I came down here. Now I think I passed out in excitement when I found that out.

Loads of fun....back tomorrow with Day 2.
    Whatcha gonna do, brother, when Brennemania runs wild on you!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Day 1 in Houston.

Day 2

Even though it was a Reds loss, it was still a day to remember.

I went to the Space Center Houston today and had a great time. Learned good stuff. Was a little disappointed that the Star Wars exhibit was so small but there were a couple nice things there.

Returned downtown and headed to the ballpark. Got there as the gates opened, got a ball and went down to watch some batting practice. I was able to catch Joey and Jay and ended up standing there with them for a few minutes just chatting it up. I think it's so crazy that they are, 1 a year younger than me and 1 a year older.

I got Joey Votto and Paul Janish to sign my baseball. Good times on day 2.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Sounds like a real good time to me

I'm jealous......tell us more, and post pictures.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

You still in Houston? My time here has been less eventful. I'm sitting at the Flying J in Baytown looking for loads.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    You still in Houston? My time here has been less eventful. I'm sitting at the Flying J in Baytown looking for loads.
    Before you wackos and newbies to the board get all riled up, ORH is in transportation.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

You going/been to the games, ORH?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    You going/been to the games, ORH?
    I got unloaded too late yesterday to make it. I might go tonight if I don't get a load by then.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Day 3:

I just roamed around downtown much of the day.

I went down to the park as it opened and made my way down to catch batting practice. I was able to catch Hairston and we chatted for a minute. Micah Owings was running in to go take some swings and we tried to call him over and he said "I am going to take some swings and then I will come back over"

I got Corey Patterson, Mike Lincoln, Jeremy Affeldt, Adam Rosales, Jolbert Cabrera, Jerry Hairston Jr, Ramon Ramirez, and Micah Owings to sign my baseball.

I thought it was the coolest thing that Owings came back over after batting practice was over and signed our balls. He even said, as he returned, "Sorry you guys waited so long." I said "No problem, dude. Totally worth it."

I really wanted Ryan Hannigan's autograph but as I was talking to Jerry, Ryan kind of snuck by.

I leave in the morning to head to St Louis for the Reds/Cardinals series.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post

They are going to think you're a stalker.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by TheOnlyRedsFan View Post
    Day 3:

I just roamed around downtown much of the day.

I went down to the park as it opened and made my way down to catch batting practice. I was able to catch Hairston and we chatted for a minute. Micah Owings was running in to go take some swings and we tried to call him over and he said "I am going to take some swings and then I will come back over"

I got Corey Patterson, Mike Lincoln, Jeremy Affeldt, Adam Rosales, Jolbert Cabrera, Jerry Hairston Jr, Ramon Ramirez, and Micah Owings to sign my baseball.

I thought it was the coolest thing that Owings came back over after batting practice was over and signed our balls. He even said, as he returned, "Sorry you guys waited so long." I said "No problem, dude. Totally worth it."

I really wanted Ryan Hannigan's autograph but as I was talking to Jerry, Ryan kind of snuck by.

Dude, this is a family board.

But seriously, it sounds like you're having fun. Hopefully the Reds can win a couple for ya in St. Louis.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Finding many traffic lights out there? I just read in the morning paper how they still have pockets of Houston where the traffic signals still aren't working after Ike.
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    Before you wackos and newbies to the board get all riled up, ORH is in transportation.

Oh good lord my mind did not even go there until I read your response, but pretty funny.
    Last edited by CrackerJack; 09-26-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    Finding many traffic lights out there? I just read in the morning paper how they still have pockets of Houston where the traffic signals still aren't working after Ike.
    Yep, still pretty bad. Some of the secondary roads have traffic jams like you won't believe with all of the intersections being four way stops. You have more people taking the highways because of that, which is making for terrible traffic there as well. Yesterday it took me almost two hours to go 34 miles.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Yep, still pretty bad. Some of the secondary roads have traffic jams like you won't believe with all of the intersections being four way stops. You have more people taking the highways because of that, which is making for terrible traffic there as well. Yesterday it took me almost two hours to go 34 miles.
    Yep. Still many out. Was out and about in the city today - downtown and the Heights and saw some lights still out and highways busier than normal in mid day (of course 45 South going to Galveston was backed up into Houston).

I live northeast of downtown and our subdivision still has no power and the main traffic lights to our section are still down. We should get power soon but the energy company said some areas may be a while, a long while, before they do.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?