Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donnie Scott Let Go!

Re: Donnie Scott Let Go!

Dragons pitching coach let go

By Marc Katz

Staff Writer

Saturday, September 27, 2008

DAYTON Pitching coach Doug Bair became the second casualty on the Dragons staff manager Donnie Scott also was not retained when he was informed this week by Reds farm director Terry Reynolds he would not be retained after three years in the organization, the last two with the Dragons.

"He told me I didn't have good enough rapport with the pitchers, and I didn't have good enough communication with pitching coordinator Mac Jenkins," Bair, a former long-time major-league pitcher, said Friday, Sept. 26, from his Cincinnati home.

"If he thinks for a minute I didn't have rapport with the pitchers, he's mistaken."

While the Dragons did finish last in the Midwest League with a 4.19 ERA, several pitchers improved dramatically under Bair, who spent the last three seasons in the organization, the last two with the Dragons.

Reynolds would not comment on what he said to Bair and had not determined what will happen to batting coach Darren Bragg.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...spdragons.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Isn't Mack Jenkins....Team Clark's favorite coach?

TC has a strong distaste for this guys ability.....makes me wonder if he is one who get's by on his personality and butt kissing.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Isn't Mack Jenkins....Team Clark's favorite coach?

TC has a strong distaste for this guys ability.....makes me wonder if he is one who get's by on his personality and butt kissing.
    Jenkins is by all accounts "horrible". I have honestly never met a more unqualified, incapable coach anywhere, ever. Calling him inept would be complimenting him. Just sayin'....

I have had some good dialogue with Terry Reynolds this year just by chance. I am tempted to give him a call about the Bair firing. No one has a rapport with Jenkins because it's impossible.
    Last edited by Team Clark; 09-30-2008 at 03:53 PM.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Jenkins is by all accounts "horrible". I have honestly never met a more unqualified, incapable coach anywhere, ever. Calling him inept would be complimenting him. Just sayin'....

I have had some good dialogue with Terry Reynolds this year just by chance. I am tempted to give him a call about the Bair firing. No one has a rapport with Jenkins because it's impossible.
    Please do TC we need to at least put the bug in Reynolds ear if nothing else, so he can be a bit more aware of the possibility that Jenkins is a stink bomb waiting to explode.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Please do TC we need to at least put the bug in Reynolds ear if nothing else, so he can be a bit more aware of the possibility that Jenkins is a stink bomb waiting to explode.
    I think he knows. He has a limited budget. Jenkins works REAL cheap. There are about 10,000 better candidates who would work for 19k per year.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    I think he knows. He has a limited budget. Jenkins works REAL cheap. There are about 10,000 better candidates who would work for 19k per year.
    And this right here is why I am still a bit pessimistic about ownership. If they are still paying with pesos how can we ever expect to really compete. Do the right thing Bob and start paying for good coaching throughout. Hopefully Walt is willing, able and capable of fixing a great deal of this after next season.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?