Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oregon State leading USC

Re: Oregon State leading USC

Now it's over.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looks like USC's kicker hasn't practiced on-side kicking much. I kicked off in high school and i could have done better than that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

usc's protection in this game was atrocious

I still don't get this. Oregon State lost to Penn State 45-18. They gave up 36 points to Stanford. And they just completely shut down one of the best offenses in the country.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Dare I....and I mean dare I.....

suggest that the championship quest for the Buckeyes may not be finished. Before the season I proclaimed 1 loss during the year for the Bucks and they would be eliminated from BCS title discussion.

However...I can forsee a season where OSU gets hot with TP at the helm and the national media falls in love with TP, and if the chips fall right, slotting OSU in the BCS game once again.

Many ifs on this scenario of course...but tonight helped the Buckeyes in that regard, no doubt.

I told all of you OSU was going to beat USC.

And when I said OSU, I meant Oregon State

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post

suggest that the championship quest for the Buckeyes may not be finished. Before the season I proclaimed 1 loss during the year for the Bucks and they would be eliminated from BCS title discussion.

However...I can forsee a season where OSU gets hot with TP at the helm and the national media falls in love with TP, and if the chips fall right, slotting OSU in the BCS game once again.

Many ifs on this scenario of course...but tonight helped the Buckeyes in that regard, no doubt.
    oh boy lol that didnt take long

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I still don't get this. Oregon State lost to Penn State 45-18. They gave up 36 points to Stanford. And they just completely shut down one of the best offenses in the country.
    I'm still trying to apply the transitive property to Tennessee, having lost to UCLA, then the Bruins went on to lose to BYU 59-0. How bad are the Vols? That stuff makes my head hurt.

How about 11-0 BYU vs. 11-0 Utah for a spot in the championship game?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Young View Post
    oh boy lol that didnt take long
    Hey I don't have a huge rooting interest in the matter...but lets be honest...the scenario is there. Figured on this board there'd be some discussion.

No way. They'd have to be the only one loss team and no way does that happen. As an OSU fan, I want no part of it this year. Plus, I think the Bucks lose at least one more this year. Simply put, they're just not that great this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I would love that. There is a very good chance that Utah and BYU will be 11-0 when they face off. BYU could play with anyone in the country.

Hey I don't have a huge rooting interest in the matter...but lets be honest...the scenario is there. Figured on this board there'd be some discussion.
    haha i kno. just made me laugh b/c u knew it would be brought up sooner rather than later

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Never happen. One of the reason I'd like to see a playoff is to allow teams like that the chance. Most of the time, they'd wind up losing to the top tier teams, but every once in a while, they'd win.

But if you can only choose two teams, for a team like BYU or Utah to get to the title game, they better have a bigger win on their resume than UCLA.

Based on Ohio State's performance so far this year, they probably would not even be in the top 25 if it wasn't for preseason polls.

Turn Off Ads?