Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Oregon State leading USC

Re: Oregon State leading USC

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    All I said is that based on what they have actually done, they don't really belong in the top 25. That doesn't mean they won't at some point prove themselves worthy.

And Ohio State shouldn't be struggling with Ohio and Troy just because they're missing one player.
    I think a 28-10 victory without arguably the best running back in the country and a freshman's making his first career start against a team which won 8 games the previous season is reasonable...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Uh huh. I'm sure that's exactly what you were saying as Troy was driving down 14-10 right at the end of the third quarter.

Sure, it was a reasonable win, but if you put Temple jerseys on the Ohio State team and had the same results, they wouldn't have a single vote for the top 25.

I think Jacquizz might be a name to remember. At 5'6" and a buck eigthy soaking wet....he went for 187 against a very very good USC defense. Amazing performance.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Uh huh. I'm sure that's exactly what you were saying as Troy was driving down 14-10 right at the end of the third quarter.

Sure, it was a reasonable win, but if you put Temple jerseys on the Ohio State team and had the same results, they wouldn't have a single vote for the top 25.
    Fair enough, I concede that if they started the polling this week tOSU would probably not be a Top 25 team if they weren't "Ohio State." I misinterpreted your original post as saying they aren't a Top 25 team...

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Why does it pain you to say it? It's true. The national championship game could well be Sat. Alabama vs. Georgia.

What sucks for SEC fans is only one team can actually play for the national championship. I cannot think of a senerio that would have a rematch of the SEC championship game and the BCS championship game.
    It pains me to say the Cubs are the odds on favorite to win the NL.

It pains me to say the BoSox (sorry TB) are my odds on favorite to win the AL.

It just does...sorry I can't give you more details...maybe I have a low pain tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The Pac-10 sucks this year.
    While, for the most part, this is true, I will stick up for my Oregon Ducks...

They didn't have 1 of their starting corners last week and, just like last season, they are down to their 5th string QB. I don't care what team it is, if you're counting on your 5th string QB to win you games, you're SOL.

Lots of football to be played yet.

I can envision a scenario where Terrelle Pryor plays lights out, Wells comes back in Heisman form, the freshman OL plays great and the Bucks win out.

I can also envision where Pryor has freshman growing pains, Wells' toe bothers him all year, the freshman on the OL play like freshman, and OSU loses to Wisconsin and Penn State.

Let 'em play it out and lets talk in November. I'd say NC game will be SEC/Big 12.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I said after the tOSU/USC game that I didn't think any team would go undefeated and right now USC's making me look like a prophet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    While, for the most part, this is true, I will stick up for my Oregon Ducks...

They didn't have 1 of their starting corners last week and, just like last season, they are down to their 5th string QB. I don't care what team it is, if you're counting on your 5th string QB to win you games, you're SOL.
    Oh I agree with that. I think Oregon is a very, very good team with a healthy QB. I've never seen a team more snake bitten at the QB position than Oregon (except for maybe UCLA). Darron Thomas looks like he could be a good QB next year.

Think Chad and TJ will talk smack to Carson and the other USC alums?

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

The funny thing is, if USC still makes it to the national championship game, I'm picking them regardless of the opponent. They've been a fantastic big-game team in recent years. But that one Pac-10 game a year where they just don't show up against a team that has no business beating them? That's what's keeping a lot of hardware out of their trophy case.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Ohio State versus USC in the Rose Bowl?

Will a retooled OSU with a healthy Chris Wells have a different result?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Ohio State versus USC in the Rose Bowl?

Will a retooled OSU with a healthy Chris Wells have a different result?
    Nope. Tressel isn't capable of coaching against a team like USC, in my opinion. I know he's revered very highly by a lot of fans. And I also do recognize that he's done a lot of great things with the program. But he's still got major weaknesses that become exposed when he faces a team like USC or the top SEC style teams.

Until Tressel either gets the right coaches in place (i.e. new offense), or is williing to rethink his entire ideology, I don't see them having lots of success in those types of games.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Well, Ohio State does have a new offense. They're just now able to implement it into game situations since Tressel made the move to stick with Pryor full time. Starting next year, (because Beanie will likely leave) OSU will be almost 100% spread offense. Look at the RBs they have and have coming in. They aren't exactly built like Eddie George and Beanie. They're built to play the spread.

It'll start with Pryor, and probably be handed down to Braxton Miller from Wayne in a few years. It's very likely he'll be a Buckeye. If not, they'll get another Spread QB.
    Last edited by guttle11; 09-26-2008 at 03:48 PM.

Sooooooo disappointed in the lack of headlines from this game.

Beavers vs. Trojans.

Come on people. Get your minds in the gutter and get creative.

Turn Off Ads?