Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battle of Ohio - Part I

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Battle of Ohio - Part I

Browns or Bengals?

Who ya got?

Mark me down, unfortunately, for the Browns.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: Battle of Ohio - Part I

The Bengals will get their first win of the year. Although a loss, last week showed the team they can play with the big boys, and that confidence will carry over to this week.

All the injuries and quarterback talk are distractions for this young Browns team, and they will lose, let's say... 30-17
    Witty signature.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

The Bengals will win 41-21.

I'm afraid Derek Anderson will look like an all star when he has time to throw and Kellen Winslow remember's he's a soldier.

35-24 Brownies
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

I predict we see Brady Quinn by halftime, Bengals win 24-10.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Bengals 77-73.
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Retired

Bengals, but not by much. Both will play like crap, par for the course.

This game is more like the battle of the basement dwellers.

If it was in CLE...the Browns.

If the bengals look good winning I will be more confident for the rest of the year....if it's close....then it's just a way to avoid 0 and 16.....in route to 3-13 season.

Bengals win. They may have only played one game this year that wasn't horrific, but that's still one more than the Browns.

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I forgot to give a score....

18 - 12

FG fest @ PBS

The Bengals will blow out the Browns tomorrow giving some ignorant Bengal fans false hope the season will turn around.

Bengals over the Browns 38-24.

The season is still over, however.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.

The loser is likely looking at a top 5 pick and should begin their search for their next head coach.

The Bengals offensive line is a shadow of itself. Chris Perry is playing fairly well, but he doesn't wear down defenders. With defenses showing little fear of a running game, more pressure is placed upon the quarterback and offensive line. Look for the Bengals to use the dump down pass to keep the Browns defense in check.

Browns are still fighting some key injuries. Steinbach is not playing, and WR Donte Stallworth (who would be a huge help) is still doubtful. When the Browns defense is attacking with aggression, they look like a very formidable defense. When they sit back waiting for the opposition to make a mistake, they end up looking like a mistake. Against the Bengals, you have to bring pressure. If you allow Palmer and his weapons to gain confidence, they will turn this one into a shootout.

The Brown's Shaun Rodgers continues to play at a high level and he could be the difference in this one despite playing with an injured shoulder. Rodgers is a tremendous mismatch against Bengals C Kevin Cook. Shaun could find himself in the backfield throughout this contest.

The Bengal's defensive secondary is somewhat banged up... maybe that will help butterfingers Edwards.

The difference in this game?

If the Browns find their offense then they will win this game. But right now that is a huge question mark.

Last year we had a QB controversy when the Browns traded away Frye and supplanted him with Anderson. many maligned Anderson who found his groove when? During that first Brown-Bengal matchup.

Deja Vu?

We'll see.

But Quinn has been practicing with the first team this week. If Anderson struggles then you'll see Quinn.

Right now Brown fans are calling for Crennel's head. He's playing for his job.

So your Bengals might do us Brown fans a favor tomorrow.
    Last edited by GAC; 09-27-2008 at 10:14 PM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Carson Palmer has been ruled out with an elbow injury...I can't wait to get down to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    Carson Palmer has been ruled out with an elbow injury...I can't wait to get down to the game.
    I just saw that. Ouch.
    This could be quite ugly.

3 and 2 and the bungles commit an offsides penalty

pathetic

Turn Off Ads?