Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paul Newman RIP

Re: Paul Newman RIP

Quote Originally Posted by remdog View Post
    Yep. And it was 'better' when you got it from 'out west'. Once they opened it to general distribution most folks discovered that it was very 'mundane'.

Rem
    First time I drank it (in the 70's) I was unimpressed enough to puke it all up later... kinda peppery it was.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think I'll watch Fort Apache, The Bronx today.

*cheers* Paul!
    "Whatever you choose, however many roads you travel, I hope that you choose not to be a lady. I hope you will find some way to break the rules and make a little trouble out there. And I also hope that you will choose to make some of that trouble on behalf of women." - Nora Ephron

BTW here's Paul in 82, with a Bud.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    First time I drank it (in the 70's) I was unimpressed enough to puke it all up later... kinda peppery it was.
    What? You had to try about a 12 pack to decide!?!

First time I tried Coors was at a party in about '72 or '73. It's hard to say this is swill when everyone around you is lauding the guy that drove this stuff about 2000 miles just for you.

Rem

I've started receiving weekly emails from the Esquire & Mariemont Theatres and see that they're having a Paul Newman Tribute series next week. See below for info. The theater's website is http://www.esquiretheatre.com/Home%20Page.htm

Paul Newman Tribute

At the Esquire Theatre October 10th - 16th, 2008

Paul Newman, an Ohio native, was an award-winning actor, director and producer who appeared in over 60 films. Stop in at the Esquire to see one of Paul Newman's great films.

The Esquire will be rotating four classic films: Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, Cool Hand Luke, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and The Verdict. Tribute on screen at the Esquire Theatre October 10th - 16th with show times at 1:50, 4:40, 7:10 and 9:50, check the schedule below for specifics.

See an American icon in a legendary film, pay homage to a great philanthropist or, if you just want to see those blue eyes on the big screen, you'll have plenty of chances. Pick up a Paul Pass for only $22.00 which allows one admission to all four films; regular admission prices apply.

Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Not Rated) - 108 min
    Tennessee William's classic play on the big screen with Elizabeth Taylor
    Thursday 1:50pm
    Sunday & Wednesday 7:10pm
    Friday, Saturday, Monday & Tuesday 9:50pm

Cool Hand Luke (Not Rated) - 126 min
    "What we've got here is a failure to communicate"
    Friday - Monday 1:50pm
    Tuesday & Thursday 7:10pm
    Wednesday 9:50pm

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (PG) - 110 min
    You never met a pair like Butch and the Kid
    Tuesday 1:50pm
    Saturday, Sunday & Wednesday 4:40pm
    Friday & Monday 7:10pm
    Thursday 9:50pm

The Verdict (R) - 129 min
    A lawyer sees a chance to salvage his career and his self-respect
    Wednesday 1:50pm
    Friday, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 4:40pm
    Saturday 7:10pm
    Sunday 9:50pm
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?