LF- M. Ordonez
    RF- J. Bruce
    2B- B. Phillips
    3B- E. Encarnacion or A. Beltre
    C- R. Hanigan
    CF- C. Dickerson

furcal will cost just money
    ordonez and beltre will cost players

but i believe beltre and furcal would improve infield defense and have very good offensive years and ordonez is a 300 hitter who will drive in lot of runs
    maybe best reds 1-8 lineup in long time plus reds could sign jerry hairston jr if they want play him in center field let him hit 2nd in lineup and push everyone down a spot when he starts instead of dickerson

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 09 lineup

Dikerson
    Renteria
    Votto
    Holliday
    Phillips
    Bruce
    Encarnacion
    Hanigan

Votto08, your payroll is over $100 million.

As far as Rentaria goes, I don't see how he's any different than AGon, except that we have to pay AGon anyway. In fact, his OPS last year was 100 points lower than AGon's was in '07. As far as I'm concerned, SS is a problem for 2010. If AGon isn't ready to go day 1, I'd be playing Phillips at SS and Keppinger at 2B until he is.
    Last edited by kpresidente; 10-01-2008 at 06:46 AM.

Next Year

I would hedge bets that Furcal, Ordonez and Beltre are all mutually exclusive for the Reds to pick up.

Of those three, Furcal is nice because he solves the defensive SS problem and has a nice bat for a SS. Just hope the recent injury issues on him aren't chronic. Ordonez is at a point where he won't be able to help the Reds for much longer, and Beltre just isn't that good.
    Last edited by redsbuckeye; 10-01-2008 at 09:46 AM.

I would really want Furcal on this team.

Is furcal a good defender?

i believe he is, i know he has an absolute rifle for an arm.

I think the options are like this:

Furcal - better defense
    Ordonez - better offense
    Beltre - a little of both.

Most likely:

CF - Dickerson platoon with Freel/Hopper
    SS - A. Gonzalez (if able)
    1B - Votto
    LF - Ordonez
    RF - Bruce
    2B - Phillips
    3B - Encarnacion
    C - Hannigan

Not ideal, but may work. I think Furcal is resigned by the Dodgers. Beltre isn't a sure thing to be on the market.

RF Suzuki
    2B Keppinger
    1B Votto
    LF Ordonez
    CF Bruce
    3B EE
    SS Gonzalez
    C Hanigan

Furcal would provide very good offense. If I recall he was one of the best leadoff hitters in the majors this year.

SS Furcal
    CF Dikerson
    LF Votto
    3B Beltre
    2B Phillips
    RF Bruce
    1B Encarnacion
    C Stalmachia

Quote Originally Posted by redsbuckeye View Post
    I would hedge bets that Furcal, Ordonez and Beltre are all mutually exclusive for the Reds to pick up.
    Yeah. You could probably squeeze in Beltre and Holliday, though, if that's what you wanted to do. But even with that WJ would probably have to get on his knees and beg.

CF Dickerson & Freel/Hopper/Anyone/Bueller
    SS/2B Keppinger
    1B Votto
    LF Hollliday
    RF Bruce
    3B EE
    SS Agon/Cabrera or 2B-Rosales/Turner FA like Hudson or lesser bat if Kepp plays SS
    C Hanigan/Bako(not my choice, just reality)

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    Last edited by BLEEDS; 10-02-2008 at 06:46 PM. Reason: TRIED to explain 2b/SS with Keppinger - who should ideally hit 2nd no matter his position.
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I just wanna see us make one big move
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I just wanna see us make one big move
    I hear ya. It better be for a LF-er on the terms of a Holliday or a Bay, or we're meat.

Beltre, Furcal, etc, not getting me excited. Older, more expensive guys on their downside that don't bring us much more than what we're getting already in EE/Agon. NO WAY we spend that $$$ on SS. I don't see it.

PEACE

-BLEEDS
    I think that in a year or two, one of these guys - Frazier, Dorn, Valaika, Cumberland, Stubbs - will be ready to replace Dunn. They won't hit as many home runs as Dunn, but they should have similar OPS. - 757690, July 22, 2008

Alonso will be playing 1B for the REDS and batting 4th one year from today. - Kingspoint, July 9, 2009

Turn Off Ads?