Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who do you root for this October?

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Phillies

4 4.55%
  • Cubs

1 1.14%
  • Dodgers

4 4.55%
  • Brewers

6 6.82%
  • Rays

35 39.77%
  • White Sox

32 36.36%
  • Angels

3 3.41%
  • Red Sox

3 3.41%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Who's Your Adopted Playoff Team?

Re: Who's Your Adopted Playoff Team?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It is fun to see any team knock the Cubs out of the playoffs but if the Dodgers do it, I won't consider it an upset. I think they are the team to beat in the NL right now because of their pitching and how they've gelled since acquiring Manny. It's still looking like an all LA World Series to me. Of course yesterday's game looked to be less about pitching and more about goats, choking and curses...

I actually wanted to vote co-favorites for me in the playoffs---both the Dodgers and the Angels.

It is pretty amazing what a difference Manny has made for the Dodgers. He may very well be the extream example of the difference that the right player, for the right team, at the right time can make. He completely changed this team's approach and outlook.

I'm looking at an Angels/Dodgers WS. And yes, my location does breed some of that but those two teams look, to me, to be logical choices. It may not work out that way but if it happens then it will be a no-lose poposition from my viewpoint.

Rem

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm not pulling for the Dodgers to win anything past their series with the Cubs.

I'm torn, but I'd like to see the White Sox or DRays in the WS. The Angels would be my 3rd choice in the AL.

The Red Sox are in danger of becoming the new "evil empire."

In the NL? I was pulling for the Brewers, then the Phillies. I'll likely pull for the Phillies in the NLCS (if they make it, I have to say that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Dewayne Wise has been playing a long time???

I didn't think I needed a smilie.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think I speak for everyone when I say we all hope he gets a ring. He's been playing so long and this may be his last chance.
    The same statement applies to his teammate, Ken Griffey Junior.

Kinda spooky that Wise and Griffey are patrolling the White Sox OF together.

I just had a thought. If the Brewers win, does that mean Dan O'Brien gets a ring? I don't want to live in that world.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Turn Off Ads?