There's probably a playoff prediction thread staring me in the face and I didn't notice it, but I don't see one in the queue, so I'm starting one here. Time to see if FCB's still got the magic eye.

NLDS

Dodgers vs. Cubs

Yeah, I know the story line. This is the Cubs' year. Yet I've been alive long enough to understand that no year is the Cubs' year. In fact, this matchup proves it. The Dodgers have the RHPs to subdue the Cubs offense and Manny Ramirez is flat out unstoppable right now. The Dodgers also have a manager who knows a thing or two about how to manage in October. Torre's 2-0 against Lou. If there was one team in the NL the Cubs didn't want to see, it was the Dodgers. And looky who they got. Enjoy 100 years in the weeds North Side.

Dodgers 3-0

Brewers vs. Phillies

Oh the homers that will be hit in this series. Expect to see pitchers cry. The Phillies have a massive bullpen advantage and the Brewers don't have Ben Sheets. Under normal circumstances, that and a good offense should be enough to advance to the next round. Yet the Brewers do have C.C. Sabathia and that might be two wins right there. I like that the Brewers have lived to read their obits. So I'm going against reason here. Milwaukee pull the upset.

Brewers 3-1

NLCS

Brewers vs. Dodgers

It's been nearly 50 years since Milwaukee and L.A. played for N.L. dominance. The Dodgers won back then and I'm thinking we're about to get visits from the ghosts of Charlie Neal and Larry Sherry. Sloppy fielding creates a mess the Brewers can't bang their way out of.

Dodgers 4-1

ALDS

White Sox vs. Rays

Chicago's still got a fair number of guys from their 2005 championship team. Meanwhile Tampa Bay has been running around in Cinderella slippers all year long. Yet without Carlos Quentin, the ChiSox have an offense that the Rays pitching can handle. This is a case of youth (with kids like Evan Longoria and B.J. Upton) bringing too much energy to the park for an opponent that's getting a little long in the tooth.

Rays 3-1

Red Sox vs. Angels

The Angels are a paper tiger. The offense doesn't get on base well or have much power. The starting pitching is all right, but nothing special. We've seen this movie before. The Sox pitching will let the Angels hitters get themselves out and the Sox offense is plenty potent enough to get to the Angels starting pitching. Mark Teixeira isn't enough to tip the scales and K-Rod will be waiting for save chances that never come.

Red Sox 3-0

ALCS

Red Sox vs. Rays

These two teams don't like each other, not even a little bit. It should make for great television. The Rays will be playing for respect. The Red Sox will be playing for immortality. The difference will be the Sox pen holds while the Rays pen doesn't.

Red Sox 4-2

World Series

Dodgers vs. Red Sox

The league offices will be pleased with this matchup. It pretty much sells itself. Two storied franchises from big markets. The return of Manny, Nomar and Lowe. Joe Torre's chance to cement himself as one of the great managers in history. The Red Sox on the cusp of dynasty. Josh Beckett looking to become perhaps the most feared postseason pitcher ever. All the storylines are in place for a classic.

And they'll get a classic. It goes the distance. Finally, the All-Star really did count.

Red Sox 4-3