Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a very friendly board.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

This is a very friendly board.

I have been elsewhere talking football and I just wanted to say this really is a very friendly message board and its refreshing to talk Reds baseball with such a nice group of individuals. Taken for granted often but when you go to other forums you're constantly met with snarky, and condescending people. It doesn't really exist here. Thanks for being a part of something great.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: This is a very friendly board.

I agree. This is a good forum. Lots of knowledgeable folks and and no drunk guys blathering on about nothing.

Well thanks! I also would like to third this idea. I know I don't post as much as i used to, but I'm always reading on here, and its VERY refreshing to hear someone else perspective about things, without them being forced upon me. I love it here!
    Let's make some noise!

Yes people actually have intelligent ideas to impart here. And I agree, football message boards are the worst. Almost every thread on at least one Bengals message board I've seen devolves into calling the Steelers or opponent team du jour a bunch of faggots, or calling each other the same.

It could be that baseball draws a more intelligent crowd, or that RZ is just particularly civilized. Personally I think it's a bit of both.

i dont post often, but this is my favorite sports board by far

Im a browns fan, and win or lose the browns board is just a constant meltdown, rip this poster or that poster, personal attacks, its a mess. Here; things are good. They really are.

The scout.com reds board is a mess too. I left that board for good because it just wasnt good quality. This board has it all, friendly people, news grabbers as soon as its said or printed anywhere. Really glad I found this place.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Im a browns fan, and win or lose the browns board is just a constant meltdown, rip this poster or that poster, personal attacks, its a mess. Here; things are good. They really are.

The scout.com reds board is a mess too. I left that board for good because it just wasnt good quality. This board has it all, friendly people, news grabbers as soon as its said or printed anywhere. Really glad I found this place.
    sounds like bengals message boards, and there has been a lot of ripping to do on there lately lol

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post

I am another Browns fan/Reds fan. I didn't think there were that many of us out there.

I think this is a great board because of the system that has been set up here. People with generally bad attitudes (who cuss, flame, or just say dumb things all the time) are not welcome here. I wish there were a better way to get into the ORG, but I do love RedsZone. I just wish there were better topics to talk about right now. Just a bad time of the year I guess.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Just don't bring up "The Trade", and things will remain civil
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I have to agree as well. I am on a different baseball board that has great baseball knowledge as well, but it is a small board overall-it is a general board, not team specific. They do have a neat thing going where they pick a city every year and meet up as a group to go to a game in that city. But, they arent friendly or very welcoming to anyone outside of their small group, and it gets very high schoolish at times on there. The football boards I cant even go to, just idiotic spewing. I like the college basketball boards during the season, as I am a huge college basketball fan, but I do go there realizing there wont be much intelligent converstaion, but heated rivalry junk talking, so its a different beast. RZ seems the best to me, Sundeck is great, I like going to read the ORG, but it seems a lot of people over there think they have some high status and are elite-which gets a little old, so I dont respect a lot of what I read there sometimes.

I don't know about Redszone I've never been in there or gotten to know the posters But I know the folks in here seem to be just friendly, good ol' boys you could say.

^is that in response to me? I was saying as a whole, RedsZone is a great site, broken down, love Sundeck, check out minor league, but think ORG can be a little snooty at times. I am part of Inside Caroina, UNC's scout page. The free board doesnt alwyas have hte best info, or conersation, but the premuim board seems so elitist caus ethey pay for it that it just becomes too conceited, as if they are better fans then us little folk. I see ORG as that. Bleeds is a good example of that, he talks down to most here, and holds the ORG as the end all be all. But I agree, seems liek good mix of fnas and opinions on here, just good people

When I mentioned RedsZone, I meant the entire site.
    Jack Eliot: I'm a World Series MVP!
    Skip: That was four years ago, Jack. Last season, you hit .235.
    Jack Eliot: LAST SEASON, I led this team in ninth-inning doubles in the month of August!

---Mr. Baseball 1992

Reds and 26.2's

Good knowledgeable fans ...

Of course that's always been the stamp of Cincinnati Red's fans.

I don't post a lot here, but I can spend a good bit of time reading what you folks have to say.

I'm sorry I meant ORG, I don't know what its like yet.

But Redszone and Sun Deck are great.

Turn Off Ads?