I'm not posting this for solicitations, but rather ideas. I know some MLB players visit, and MLB has a long tradition with the Boys/Girls club. So, I thought I'd take a shot. My kids went for years, and my son is volunteering there after school.

AMARILLO --- The Maverick Boys and Girls Club has fallen on some hard times. Directors say financially its the worst they have seen in the club's 74 year history. Directors say financially things are the hardest they've ever been since most of their funding is from private donors. The Maverick Club has four locations in Amarillo and serves about 450 kids. Directors say the chance of shutting their doors for good is possible but they hope the community will step in and help. The Maverick Club is a resource that many families depend on. 64% of the children come from below poverty level homes, and more than half of the kids have single parents. The staff here also works with kids who may be having a little trouble in school and offer them extra help to improve. If you would like to help call them at 806.372.8393.