Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: College Game Day Discussion Thread

Re: College Game Day Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Michigan State just got screwed. Apparently they're just hiring refs off the streets these days.
    Yeah, how did the ground NOT cause that fumble? And I thought the foot had to be on the gournd first before the pile-on rule applied.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

How about Ball State at 8-0?!? I bet David Letterman is proud.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-25-2008 at 06:14 PM.

#1 Texas survives with a 28-24 victory over #6 Oklahoma State. Next week Texas will play at Texas Tech, who should be ranked around the top 5 by then.

That Cincinnati-Conn game turned ugly in the 4th.

The LSU-Georgia game is something else in the last 2 minutes. Georgia up 52-38. And that Florida-Kentucky game was ridiculous. Is there such a thing as defense in the SEC?

And how about them Hoosiers! Beat Nw'rn 21-19.

And Rutgers beats Pitt by 20 pts 54-34.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    That Cincinnati-Conn game turned ugly in the 4th.
    3 turnovers in the 4th quarter often has that effect.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Lots of good games today.
    Pitt's QB did get hurt in the 4th quarter. They were down 7 at the time I believe.
    Can't wait for this Bucks game to start

I'll say Ohio State wins by 10.

I've been saying it for years, but something has to be done about ridiculous pass interference calls in college football.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I think Kirk Herbstreit is an excellent announcer. He went to Ohio State and yet I've never heard any bias from him when it comes to announcing games. He's one of the better football announcers I've heard.

I think Kirk Herbstreit is an excellent announcer. He went to Ohio State and yet I've never heard any bias from him when it comes to announcing games. He's one of the better football announcers I've heard.
    I agree but many Ohio State fans hold that against him.

True. Actually, I think he goes out of his way not to show a lot of love for the Buckeyes, and i don't blame him. He'll always err on the side of not being on their side. that PI call is a good example. He said it was the right call, and I thought it was ridiculous. Herbstreit regularly will call out bad calls when he's doing games, but he rarely does so in favor of OSU. I don't have a problem with it.

But I agree with that he's as good as it gets when it comes to sports media personalities.

The defensive lines for both PSU and OSU are dominating so far in this one. IF PSU continues to bottle up Beanie, and Pryor can't sucessfully pass then this could get ugly in the second half because OSU's defense, IMO, can't keep the PSU offense down.

Tressel playing conservative will lose him this game IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And no sooner do I post that then Pryor completes a 53 yd pass to #12!!!!!

Beanie ain't going nowhere fast.

this might be a game where Tressel has to go with Boeckman in the second half. Of course, this OSU receiving core is a weak as they've had in years.

Turn Off Ads?