Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: College Game Day Discussion Thread

Re: College Game Day Discussion Thread

Pryor is really making some nice plays right now, which is GREAT to see.

And it looks like he can't throw either with the injury to his hand. Very good sign.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

TD!!!!!!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

YES!!!!

What a poised drive (with some luck). Great option run by TP to cap it off.

Step up defense.

Wow! What a brilliant move by Pryor.

I know it's premature and I'm going to be very tempered in my optimism, but we might be seeing the coronation of Pryor. If that guy comtinues to gain confidence in his ability to throw the ball, he could be special. He's got every bit as much talent as Vince Young had at that age.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

OK. It's 20-17, and Wisconsin is gonna get the ball with under a minute to go.

What defensive scheme do you go with since Wisconsin has only 1 time out?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

To be able to go up there, especially with a freshman QB, and win at Wisconsin, is a HUGE accomplishment IMO.

INT Jenkins

GAME OVER!!!!!

Good day to be #2 in scarlet and gray.

Whew. OSU stole one tonight. It was ugly, but it wasn't a loss. The D line was atrocious.
    Last edited by guttle11; 10-04-2008 at 11:08 PM.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I think this is the first time I've relaxed all evening thanks to this stressful game! Wow, I wasn't sure if the Buckeyes were going to pull this one off or not but I'm THRILLED that they finally did! Pryor is still having some growing pains but to go on the road and get a conference win against a tough foe has to be huge for his confidence. I think this team is going to keep getting better as Terrelle gets more reps and they all get more experience together. IIRC, there are other young guys on the team who are still learning too. Go Bucks!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is Vandy for real? They held on and beat Auburn.
    After watching them in person, yes, yes they are. Great team speed, they fly to the ball and make plays. And they won today without their best offensive player, Chris Nickson!

There is some criticism in this thread of the OSU defensive backs, and I didn't see it that way IMO. As others said, the problem is the defensive line, not just on running plays, but the pass rush. The opposing QB has six seconds to throw the ball, just no pressure. I think the difference right now between Ohio State and those SEC teams is the defensive line. There are no physical presences in the middle or speed rushers on the outside of this line. And have you ever known two tOSU players as overrated as Alex Boone and James Laurenaitis?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    After watching them in person, yes, yes they are. Great team speed, they fly to the ball and make plays. And they won today without their best offensive player, Chris Nickson!
    I don't know about Vandy. Last in offense and last in defense in their conference. Auburn's offense is absolutely terrible. They're good, but not that good. That turnover margin will probably trend back to the norm the rest of the season. Georgia and Florida should take them out rather handily. They'll probably split with Kentucky and Tennessee.

8-4 is where I have them, give or take a win.
    Last edited by guttle11; 10-05-2008 at 12:16 AM.

There is some criticism in this thread of the OSU defensive backs, and I didn't see it that way IMO. As others said, the problem is the defensive line, not just on running plays, but the pass rush. The opposing QB has six seconds to throw the ball, just no pressure. I think the difference right now between Ohio State and those SEC teams is the defensive line. There are no physical presences in the middle or speed rushers on the outside of this line. And have you ever known two tOSU players as overrated as Alex Boone and James Laurenaitis?
    You can't blame the defensive line and call Laurinaitis overrated in the same post. That's not how defense works. The best LBs in the world aren't making big plays if the D line isn't sucking up blockers and/or making the QB throw early. Animal is as talented as any LB in the country. He's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    You can't blame the defensive line and call Laurinaitis overrated in the same post. That's not how defense works. The best LBs in the world aren't making big plays if the D line isn't sucking up blockers and/or making the QB throw early. Animal is as talented as any LB in the country. He's legit.
    I wasn't specifically calling Laurinaitis overrated because of this game, but you are right, he doesn't make plays without the defensive line, which is kind of my point. I still think he fails to show up in big games, and I think there are linebackers who can make some plays with this bunch in front of them...

Maybe, but Auburn has been incredibly over-rated for years.

Turn Off Ads?