Turn Off Ads?

Thread: the sage rosenfels meltdown

the sage rosenfels meltdown

wow.

texans had the game won and rosenfels absolutely handed the game to the colts.

wow

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the sage rosenfels meltdown

I blame the coach and Shannarat Jr. for this one. The media will play it off as Sage's collapse but those two should be absolutely crucified for putting their team in that position with play calling. 3rd and 9 3 minutes to go in the game up by 10 what do they call bootleg pass. Granted Sage should have just gotten down BUT he did what he's done instinctively since being at Iowa St... tried to make a play.

Up by 3 about 2:30 left, 2nd and 10, rattled QB who just made a huge gaff what do they call? Quick Slant that fell incomplete stopping the clock. 3rd and 10 2:20 left they call another pass play and he's trying to make a play and gets stripped.

Good coaches recognize the situation and I must say both Kubiak and Shannahan deserve F's. Sage put them in a position to win that game by not making the big mistake and his coaches failed to give him the best situation to win the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I blame the coach and Shannarat Jr. for this one. The media will play it off as Sage's collapse but those two should be absolutely crucified for putting their team in that position with play calling. 3rd and 9 3 minutes to go in the game up by 10 what do they call bootleg pass. Granted Sage should have just gotten down BUT he did what he's done instinctively since being at Iowa St... tried to make a play.

Up by 3 about 2:30 left, 2nd and 10, rattled QB who just made a huge gaff what do they call? Quick Slant that fell incomplete stopping the clock. 3rd and 10 2:20 left they call another pass play and he's trying to make a play and gets stripped.

Good coaches recognize the situation and I must say both Kubiak and Shannahan deserve F's. Sage put them in a position to win that game by not making the big mistake and his coaches failed to give him the best situation to win the game.
    I agree, poor play calling. Think the Texans were a bit in fear of Peyton and Company coming back? However Rosenfels had plenty of time to get rid of the ball and chose to try to make something out of nothing. That's what keeps him a backup in this league despite looking pretty good the rest of the game.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I don't think the first play called for Rosenfels to hurl himself through the air with the ball in one hand.

Other than that, I agree- he never should have been in that situation in the first place.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I agree, poor play calling. Think the Texans were a bit in fear of Peyton and Company coming back? However Rosenfels had plenty of time to get rid of the ball and chose to try to make something out of nothing. That's what keeps him a backup in this league despite looking pretty good the rest of the game.
    Thats what hes done since college. And thats probably why he keeps getting backup gigs in the NFL cause NFL Coaches know he can make plays on improv if needed. Youre up 10 with 4 minutes or whatever... dont get fancy and just keep putting it in Slaton/Green's gut maybe they break one and break Indy but odds are they arent as likely to fumble. Get to 4th down maybe try a long field goal and eat up half that time or try and pooch punt and make Peyton beat you with a miracle. Shannahan and Kubiak were calling plays like they were down 10 not up 10. Even if Sage chucks it out of bounds on the second fumble IT STILL STOPS THE CLOCK. Saving Indy time.

Kubiak and Shannahan cost their team with stupidity that didnt need to happen, I believed that as I watched the game and still believe that L should be solely attributed bonehead calls by those 2 (by a WIDE margin)and Sage as Honorable Mention. If they keep the ball in the hands of Slaton then Sage doesnt have to hurl himself like a missile because he doesnt have the ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by moewan View Post
    Barmaid to patron "Sir you are slurring, I am going to have to cut you off"

Patron to barmaid "I'm not slurring, I'm speaking in cursive"

Turn Off Ads?