1. Elvis Andrus, they have Michael Young in front and Marcus Lemon not too far behind, Maybe Texas will buy that if we throw in Herrera it will be as magical as last seasons deal.
2. Trevor Cahill, RHP OAK he could thrive in GABP with his 94 mph sinker and strikeout ability. Dont know what it would take to acquire him but he is just nasty.
3. Mike McKenry C COL he has major league ready defense and plus power. While he only played High A ball he could be ready by mid season.
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic. ~Bull Durham
MLB Mock Draft
2. Dustin Ackley 27. Tyler Skaggs 33. Kyle Heckathorn 51. Nick Franklin 82. Billy Bullock
All resources should be used to get one and only one prospect. Matt Wieters.
0 Value Over Replacement Poster
"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson
But in this thread alot of the names that have been thrown out are prospects that are already in the minors, would likely be up in less than 2 years, and that you'd have to trade for. So if you're going to trade for a prospect that could be expected to help you either this season or next wouldn't you prefer that he played a postion where you could use some help?
"Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."
Former Rockies pitcher Mike Esposito. Sure he kinda sucks but I just found out his dad is Joe Esposito, who sang "You're the Best" from Karate Kid. I want that dude's kid in our organization.
"Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."
Gemel (plays 3B in the minors but will be a LF and is blocked by Braun)
A Escobar (SS blocked by Hardy)
LuCroy (C one of 3 or four quality catchers in the Brewers system)
All should be obtainable because position congestion with the Brewers. All fit the Reds needs.
Trade Arroyo, Frazier (Mil needs a 3B) and Stubbs or Heisey.
Finally go out and sign Ben Sheets.
Brewers will find or make a place for Escobar, he was one of the guys the Indians wanted and the Brewers said heck no. He's got a rocket for an arm. He's a bat that ought to translate well, some compared him to Rafael Furcal. Has ~2100 abs in the minors might need a bit more time. May start the year at AAA and give the Brewers time to shop Hardy. One of the rumors is the Brew Crew might try and get on the Peavy 3rd team train and offer up Hardy to the Braves to replace Escobar at SS. The Brewers like Escobar more from what I heard at WV Power Park in the few conversations I had with scouts and other Brewer Personel.
Gamel is viewed largely like LaPorta, you dont know where he's going to stick but his stick will carry him. If all it took was Arroyo, Stubbs, and Heisey I'd do it in a heartbeat but besides LuCroy I dont see the Brewers being too eager to trade Escobar or Gamel in the division.
I really like Jose Morales a catcher with the Twins organization, but I don't know if he would be availible. switch hitter
I also have liked John Jaso, a catcher with the Rays. left hand bat.
Either one I would have prefered to what we got in the Freel trade.
1) Reid Brignac - I think he is available and a change of scenery would probably do him some good. Also an obvious need for the Reds.
2) Gorkys Hernandez - I just really like him. Super fast, young. Season was a little disappointing probably due mostly to an injury.
3) Taylor Teagarden/Max Ramirez - one of them should be available right? right?