Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bowling Green, KY minor league team...

Re: Bowling Green, KY minor league team...

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    I don't know where you are, but I can say that if you are in Cincinnati or close that I wouldn't drive all that way to go. It was fun and it's only 30 minutes from my house, but it's not worth driving 3 hours or so.

If you do decide to go anyway, let me know.
    I am in Cincinnati, but I am hoping to see Tim Beckham play and try to get an interview set up for another site I write for.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am in Cincinnati, but I am hoping to see Tim Beckham play and try to get an interview set up for another site I write for.
    My brother goes to a bunch of these games and also works at a restaurant there in town they always eat at. I'm sure getting some time with Beck wouldn't be too hard.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Like I said, it's not worth driving 3 hours, but good luck to you.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Like I said, it's not worth driving 3 hours, but good luck to you.
    I will bring someone along, make a nice day road trip out of it and get some work done while doing it. That is one benefit of this part of what I do.

I took a few pictures of Tim Beckham...
    Beckham was the overall #1 pick from last year, his bat is decent, but his glove is shaky at best. I've been to about 6 or so games this year, and he's probably had an error in each game I've watched. Including 2 in some.

Still a good little trip if you can make it. Give the stadium about another month and it will be 100% complete. Give it another year or two and the whole area around it will be developed nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post
    Beckham was the overall #1 pick from last year, his bat is decent, but his glove is shaky at best. I've been to about 6 or so games this year, and he's probably had an error in each game I've watched. Including 2 in some.

Still a good little trip if you can make it. Give the stadium about another month and it will be 100% complete. Give it another year or two and the whole area around it will be developed nicely.
    Errors at the age of 19 don't concern me much. I would be much more interested in hearing how his hands look and how his range looks.

I'm toolsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jharb74 View Post

Do most games sell out? Should I buy the $10 seats or the $5 lawn area (taking a 6 year old). Thanks for any advice.

Also, how are the concession prices? Is there ample parking?
    Last edited by FutureRedsGM; 06-02-2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Added to post

Quote Originally Posted by FutureRedsGM View Post
    Do most games sell out? Should I buy the $10 seats or the $5 lawn area (taking a 6 year old). Thanks for any advice.

Also, how are the concession prices? Is there ample parking?
    Thus far there has been only one sell out (opening day). As far as tickets go, I would go with the $10 reserved seats, the lawn seems to be mostly just kids running and playing.

The concession prices are very reasonable, the most expensive food item being $5 (chicken tenders with fries and nachos), the drink prices range from $1-$3 for a coke to $5 for a beer.

The parking situation is not too bad at night time, there are several pay lots ranging from $3-$5 or there is plenty of places where you can park along the curb on various downtown streets for free. The games are a great time, tonight is going to mark my 6th game of the year.

Yeah, you shouldn't have a problem getting tickets. Some of the "Thirsty Thursdays," ($2 beer night) are bigger crowds, but never sold out. Although with the local college being out, it may not be as crowded.

Only one of the 2 lawn areas is finished. The one down the right field line is open, but they just got the sod down in the center field lawn, and I don't think is open yet. I've heard of people buying the $5 lawn, then sitting wherever they want in the seats, which are a whopping $10.

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Shoot me a PM if anyone's interested in carpooling down there.

Turn Off Ads?