Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Winter Meetings...anyone gone to these?

Winter Meetings...anyone gone to these?

Not sure which forum to post this, so move as you see fit.

That said, I see that they're here in Vegas this year!

For those that have gone, can y'all give me a clue as to what happens and what/where to meet the who's who in baseball?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Winter Meetings...anyone gone to these?

I didn't know there was anything about these meetings that are open to the public

Yes, there are RZ members that have been to the Winter Meetings.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Yes, there are RZ members that have been to the Winter Meetings.
    What is there for fans to do? Are the actual meetings interesting? What do they discuss in public?

"But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I went a few years ago when they were in Nashville, as the missus and I were able to combine baseball-exec gawking with our annual holiday-decoration gawking at the Opryland Hotel. The winter meetings can be fun from a people-watching and eavesdropping perspective, but there are no meaningful events that are open to fans or targeted to fans. It's a business conference with a touch of trade show thrown in. It just happens to be about baseball.
    Not all who wander are lost

I have a client who goes every year for their business. They manufacture the large waste receptacles and recycling containers seen at ballparks and that is a big part of their business. There is a whole trade show element to the meetings with vendors presenting their wares to both ML and Minor League teams (and we've sold many cans to the big league and minor league clubs). At lunch today, he told me they got the Royals order.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that the meetings and such aren't open to the public etc. I guess I was asking for where here in Vegas they'll be hosting most of the hub-bub. The people watching and over hearing of conversations, for lack of a better way to put it, is what I was intimating.

There's a whole lot of hotels on the strip, so I was wondering if anyone knows which is going to be 'ground zero' for the meetings.

TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear. I understand that the meetings and such aren't open to the public etc. I guess I was asking for where here in Vegas they'll be hosting most of the hub-bub. The people watching and over hearing of conversations, for lack of a better way to put it, is what I was intimating.

There's a whole lot of hotels on the strip, so I was wondering if anyone knows which is going to be 'ground zero' for the meetings.

TIA.
    From a Las Vegas TV station:
    The Las Vegas Hilton and Bellagio will be the host hotels for the Baseball Winter Meetings and the Las Vegas Convention Center will be site for the Baseball Trade Show.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

The Bellagio hosts the Major League side of things.

Good stuff. Sucks it's the "B" as opposed to the Wynn, but that's ok. Thanks fellas.

Jim Bowden was recently quoted as saying he's going to Vegas and coming back with the Bellagio fountains for Nats Park.

Turn Off Ads?