Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: 2008 International Signings

Re: 2008 International Signings

Ben Badler (of Baseball America) sent me this email today in response to a question I sent him. I asked him if the Reds had signed anymore Latin prospects recently and if he expected the Reds to be active again this year. His response:

Thanks for writing. The Reds did sign Ismael Guillon, a LHP/1B, though they later reduced the bonus money when something came back with his physical that they found problematic. They signed a 16-year-old catcher named Jhimmy Lopez from Venezuela in January, though I got mixed reports on him that I didn't feel comfortable reporting. I suspect the Reds will be quite active again on July 2 this year, especially in Venezuela where they have been extremely active lately.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2008 International Signings

It doesn't appear that Guillon's surgery was too serious if the Reds think he can get some playing time in this season. Reds assistant GM Bob Miller had this to say about Guillon today:

montreal27:
    11:13 am What's the status of LHP/1B Ismael Guillon? Is he expected to be ready for the GCL season?

bob_miller:
    11:14 am He had surgery in the off-season but hopefully he'll get a little action in the GCL or Dominican Summer League this year.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/fan_f...t.jsp?c_id=cin

Turn Off Ads?