Turn Off Ads?

Thread: that smile

that smile

this drives me nuts, he's smiling when his team is 2 scores behind, I get sick of seeing this crap, pretty much explains the last 20 years

Last edited by icehole3; 10-14-2008 at 06:48 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: that smile

argh.. You're right!
    In those things which we commit to practice we can master, and with mastery we have the freedom to use these skills whenever we desire, without this practice we are slaves to our inability.

He's smiling because he still gets paid millions to watch the garbage on the field. Losing is a little easier to swallow when you're a millionaire.

Or, Marvin is just a baffoon.

Or both.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Forgot to note that I can't stand Marvin Lewis. I hate the way he coach's, I hate the way he deals with the media, I hate his arrogance, and I hate the fact that 'seems' to have absolutely no clue how to handle any situation correctly whether on or off the field. The guy just fails to show that he has any common sense whatsoever.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

I think you need the context of the smile.

How do any of us know what in the blue Hell at which he's smiling?

It could be a hot cheerleader for all we know....

We all laugh watching them, too. He just has people filming him.

And really, at this point, why would he be all "GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"? That was 5 weeks ago when there was at least a small chance they could be half way decent.

He could be laughing at anything here. How do you know he's not sarcastically laughing at a poor call, or a poor play? I'm all for Bengals bashing, trust me, but not in this instance.

I'm sure you'd feel much better about the team if he walked around with a constant snarl on his face.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Daughtery noted in his column today that Lewis and Chad Johnson have a deal. When the other is down or tense, they smile to make them feel better. Isn't that touching and sweet?

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    Daughtery noted in his column today that Lewis and Chad Johnson have a deal. When the other is down or tense, they smile to make them feel better. Isn't that touching and sweet?
    Aw. Let's all have a cuddle. You know, I thought Chad said it was all business now back in Training Camp.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

How could you watch that team every Sunday and not laugh?

Turn Off Ads?