Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I want a Jay Bruce autographed baseball--give me a good reason

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I want a Jay Bruce autographed baseball--give me a good reason

So last night my girlfriend asks me "what do you want for your birthday?" which is November 10th.

Right away I smirk and say a Jay Bruce autographed baseball.

She says, "Oh Come on".

I was like, what? Thats what I want.

She said "well you'll just get it and it will sit and collect dust. I want you to get something you can use."

I was like "well thats what I want. its not useless. It's a collectors item"

But I really couldn't give her a better reason. Anyone else here feel me on wanting something like this? Or is it stupid to want an autograph baseball that is in all reality just going to "collect dust"
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Re: I want a Jay Bruce autographed baseball--give me a good reason

I have two. Love them both. Girls never understand that kind of stuff.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

I also have two.... One is PSA/DNA rookieball authenticated, and was only the 13'th rookie ball authenticated by Bruce. Favorite piece in my collection that includes an orange Johnny Cueto refractor rc (/25)

Happiness isnt enough ? My wife (fiance at the time) asked what I wanted as a wedding gift a couple years ago after I popped the question. Living in Chapel Hilll NC, I grew up a HUGE Tar Heels fan, so without hesitation, but not really expecting it, I blurted out "signed Michael Jordan jersey". It now hangs on myh living room wall, and she never once questioned it . Tell her while its collecting dust, it will also be collecting appreciation in value, just like her

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Happiness isnt enough ? My wife (fiance at the time) asked what I wanted as a wedding gift a couple years ago after I popped the question. Living in Chapel Hilll NC, I grew up a HUGE Tar Heels fan, so without hesitation, but not really expecting it, I blurted out "signed Michael Jordan jersey". It now hangs on myh living room wall, and she never once questioned it . Tell her while its collecting dust, it will also be collecting appreciation in value, just like her

thats sweet. both the reason and the item.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

I think I have 8 balls, one of his bats, a lot of cards and some other signed stuff.

He is my favorite player. That's why I have a lot of his stuff

Recovering Cubs Fan

Tell her you changed your mind; you want a girlfriend who respects your wishes instead.
    FIRE DUSTY Never mind. The man is clearly a genius.

I'm hoping she comes through. I don't want to be a butthead and keep asking for it, but I want a signed Bruce ball..... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    I also have two.... One is PSA/DNA rookieball authenticated, and was only the 13'th rookie ball authenticated by Bruce. Favorite piece in my collection that includes an orange Johnny Cueto refractor rc (/25)
    My wife didn't even have to ask me what I wanted for a wedding gift. While I'm playing golf with my friends the morning of our wedding, I get a box handed to me at the first tee box with and autographed Cal Ripken Jr jersey. Now that's love

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    I'm hoping she comes through. I don't want to be a butthead and keep asking for it, but I want a signed Bruce ball..... bad.
    You can probably buy one on ebay for about $30, so worst case scenario, ask for cash, and then by it yourself, lol.

If she doesn't get it for you, just shell out a few bucks and go to Redsfest this year, I'm sure he'll be there signing for free. I got his, Bailey's, Dickerson's, Frazier's, Justin Turner's, George Foster's, Todd Benzinger's, Javier Valentin's, and I think someone else (it escapes me right now) all for just walking around and getting in the picture or autograph lines. I've also got pictures of me and my wife with Bruce, Bailey, and Votto up on our walls at home as well...

Well, well worth the price of admission...

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle55 View Post
    If she doesn't get it for you, just shell out a few bucks and go to Redsfest this year, I'm sure he'll be there signing for free.
    I agree. To me, the autographed items mean more when you acquire them in person. Plus, you know it is the real deal.

I'll sign your baseball, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce View Post
    I'll sign your baseball, kid.
    Where do i send the ball?

do you guys think he'll be at redsfest

Turn Off Ads?