Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Neftali Soto

37 33.94%
  • Todd Frazier

46 42.20%
  • Drew Stubbs

13 11.93%
  • Juan Duran

4 3.67%
  • Yorman Rodriguez

0 0%
  • Chris Valaika

1 0.92%
  • Kyle Lotzkar

1 0.92%
  • Devin Mesoraco

0 0%
  • Danny Dorn

3 2.75%
  • Zach Stewart

0 0%
  • Juan Francisco

0 0%
  • Daryl Thompson

2 1.83%
  • Carlos Fisher

0 0%
  • Josh Roenicke

0 0%
  • Ramon Ramirez

1 0.92%
  • Chris Dickerson

1 0.92%
  • Zach Cozart

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #2 prospect?

Frazier. His Hawaii showing should increase his market value and speed his rise to the majors. A hot month or two in AA and a promotion to AAA would be in store for him. Once he's at AAA, the promation to Cincy could occur any time. I have he and Alonso really close at 1 and 2. Soto is a close third. IMO those three are clearly superior to the others. Stubbs and Lotzkar are probably next.

If Homer Bailey were still eligible, he'd still be choice for number 1.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Neftali Soto and its not close. The guy just hit .340 and slugged .552 as a 19 year old in professional baseball.

I have Soto and Frazier in a dead heat with Frazier by a nose because he has just a slight bit more power than Soto IMO, its really really close, Soto's a clutch hitter as well. Theyre both untouchables IMO.

It's interesting how Soto was ranked #2 in the "#1 prospect" but 2 here as well. Wouldn't (or shouldn't) he in theory be ranked #1 here?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    It's interesting how Soto was ranked #2 in the "#1 prospect" but 2 here as well. Wouldn't (or shouldn't) he in theory be ranked #1 here?
    Not really. More people that voted for Alonso are probably voting for Frazier.

I personally think Alonso, Frazier, then Soto right now, but really that's only because Frazier is a bit more proven. I expect Soto to take over #2 if he keeps it up.

Here's a picture of Soto from a couple years ago...his batting stance and body type reminds me so much of A-Rod. I'm not comparing him to A-Rod the hitter, just his body type and stance.

Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-19-2008 at 12:21 AM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I picked Frazier over Soto because Todd has a lot more polish right now. If I was picking purely on ceiling it would be Soto.

I went Soto, I can not ignore his on field performance in the MWL as a 19 year old kid. Frazier will be my next pick. Soto is showing me a little more at a younger age.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

If I was gonna go with a young kid who performed well in Dayton it would be Kyle Lotzkar. 11.9 K/9 as a 18 year old - wow. It's not a knock on Soto at all, but given a choice between potential top 3B and potential top SP, I'm taking the SP.

Quote Originally Posted by SMcGavin View Post
    If I was gonna go with a young kid who performed well in Dayton it would be Kyle Lotzkar. 11.9 K/9 as a 18 year old - wow. It's not a knock on Soto at all, but given a choice between potential top 3B and potential top SP, I'm taking the SP.
    I would have no complaints whatsoever if someone voted for Lotzkar at #2. Like you said, what he was doing in that league was incredible for an 18 year old kid. I'd put him in the Johnny Cueto/Edinson Volquez/Homer Bailey class of pitching prospects. That said, I'm huge fan of Soto and Frazier so I probably won't vote for Lotzkar until #4 where I'll debate between Lotzkar and Stubbs.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Danny Dorn with three votes for #2 prospect. I'm a bit surprised by that but I can see why people like him. He absolutely crushes right handed pitching. He could develop into maybe a poor mans Brad Hawpe, a guy who obliterates right handed pitching but struggles against lefties. Though Hawpe did hit lefties much better this season. At worst I think Dorn develops into a valuable asset off the bench, at best he's Brad Hawpe-lite.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 10-19-2008 at 04:27 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I'm a little surprised with the number of votes Stubbs is getting. I always assumed his supporters were a scrutinized minority. After Frazier, Soto, and Alonso are off it should get pretty interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would have no complaints whatsoever if someone voted for Lotzkar at #2. Like you said, what he was doing in that league was incredible for an 18 year old kid. I'd put him in the Johnny Cueto/Edinson Volquez/Homer Bailey class of pitching prospects. That said, I'm huge fan of Soto and Frazier so I probably won't vote for Lotzkar until #4 where I'll debate between Lotzkar and Stubbs.
    Completely agree on Lotzkar's potential. He kind of gets forgotten because of his injury and the hype on his teammate Soto. But assuming a healthly 2009 from Lotzkar, I think he and Alonso will be the consensus top two prospects in the system after the season.

This poll is officially closed. Todd Frazier beat out Neftali Soto by nine votes. I'll start the next thread in a few minutes.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Danny Dorn with three votes for #2 prospect. I'm a bit surprised by that but I can see why people like him. He absolutely crushes right handed pitching. He could develop into maybe a poor mans Brad Hawpe, a guy who obliterates right handed pitching but struggles against lefties. Though Hawpe did hit lefties much better this season. At worst I think Dorn develops into a valuable asset off the bench, at best he's Brad Hawpe-lite.
    I'm the 1st of the 3 pro votes for Dorn. Why? Well, you said it right on the money. I'm not all that in favor of looking for the next super star, ala Rose or Bench like so many do,------those types of players are an anomally, and extremely rare. However, certain players, albeit solid players, that are there for a Team to count on in the right situation , (ala Oliver, Sabo, Hatcher, etc.), well, that when Champions happen....

Turn Off Ads?