Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How tight do you think the Rays players are?

How tight do you think the Rays players are?

They were one game from the World Series and now they're down 1-0 to Boston in the 2nd inning.

They have Garza on the mound and his 2.57 playoff e.r.a. and are going against Lester and his 5.40 e.r.a.

The odds should be in their favor, but I bet they're not.
    Who's on first?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How tight do you think the Rays players are?

The odds aren't in the Rays favor because Boston has all the momentum right now. Worse yet, they've gotten into the Rays heads.
    I hate the Cubs!!

I think they are extremely tight. Boston has too much momentum on their side. I don't even expect this game to be close. I also think they will sweep the Phils. That has been the trend for them. They beat the Yanks after down 3-0 and swept the Cardinals. Trailed the Indians last year 3-1 and then came back and swept the Rockies. Looks like the Phils will be next. To me momentum is everything in the baseball playoffs.

the game is currently tied at 1 but I feel that the red sox have enough momentum to take control of this game at any point.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

I have no respect for a fan base that relies on cow bells to make noise.
    That Joey Votto is some kind of Man Candy!

"For them to boo me like that, it lets me know they dream about me at night.” -- Brandon Phillips on Cards fans.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Every single player on that team contributes when the Rays play and that shows me that they are a pretty tight and solid team. I'm very happy for them to be going to the World Series and I honestly didn't think they were going to do it tonight! Shows what I know, LOL
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Yeah, I thought Boston was going to comeback late, in like the 8th or 9th inning since the score wasn't that wide.
    Who's on first?

When Ortiz was at the plate in the 8th I really thought it was over for the rays....and then it was over for the red sox.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

now if only i had put my money on tampa making the world series instead of keeping it in the stock market...
    Last edited by redsfandan; 10-20-2008 at 06:58 AM.
    "Now that's a real shame when folks be throwin' away a perfectly good white boy like that."

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    I think they are extremely tight. Boston has too much momentum on their side. I don't even expect this game to be close. I also think they will sweep the Phils. That has been the trend for them. They beat the Yanks after down 3-0 and swept the Cardinals. Trailed the Indians last year 3-1 and then came back and swept the Rockies. Looks like the Phils will be next. To me momentum is everything in the baseball playoffs.
    I agree with you. Thankfully we were both very wrong.

Oh ye of little faith. I've jumped on the Rays bandwagon, I've been going for them all year long - I lvoe the youth, the enthusiasm of this young team - and especially the resiliancy. Someone was telling me how the Rays were DONE after choking game 5, and then they lost game 6. People counted this team out ALL YEAR and they always answered, and did yet again last night. Oh ye of little faith,

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Great win last night. If only we were so lucky.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5
    2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    I have no respect for a fan base that relies on cow bells to make noise.

Yeah, don't they know not to cheer unless the scoreboard says "Make some noise" or "Clap your hands, Stomp your feet"?

I'd love to be in that type of atmosphere at a ballgame, cowbell generated or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Atl View Post
    I agree with you. Thankfully we were both very wrong.
    Yes, this is one time I'm glad I was wrong!

Turn Off Ads?