Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Russell Martin could be available??

Re: Russell Martin could be available??

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The devil is in the details (i.e. like who they had to give up), but if the only significant thing the Reds did this off season was acquire Martin, it would be tough to characterize their winter as a failure.
    I agree...but would Boston try to outbid the Reds? I'd have to imagine they're going to try pretty hard here and they can probably match if not outbid the Reds unless the Reds wanted to go overboard or give up 1 of the big 4.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I agree...but would Boston try to outbid the Reds? I'd have to imagine they're going to try pretty hard here and they can probably match if not outbid the Reds unless the Reds wanted to go overboard or give up 1 of the big 4.
    A Martin sweepstakes without Boston participating would seem anticlimactic.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Heck, if the Dodgers do sign Jason Varitek, they'd already be going above and beyond to help Boston. The Red Sox can't possibly expect them to do more than that.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post
    Why in the hell would the Dodgers want to sign Jason Varitek?
    Remember, the Red Sox have David Ross now.

They have no need for Jason Varitek.

Ned Coletti is denying the rumors concerning Russell Martin, FWIW.

Reports stating that the Dodgers are looking to trade catcher Russell Martin or move him to third base are untrue, Colletti said
    LINK

Turn Off Ads?