Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newport on the Levee

Re: Newport on the Levee

Here is the link to thier website.

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
    Pomilio's is a few blocks south and is terrific authentic italian food at a great price. We eat and park there then walk to the Levee for movie/comedy. Great place for a date.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I love their menu so that's what I may do. Eat at Pomplio's @ 6, walk up to the levee at 7. . . 7:30. . movie at 815. . . .in her bed by 11.

Quote Originally Posted by DTCromer View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I love their menu so that's what I may do. Eat at Pomplio's @ 6, walk up to the levee at 7. . . 7:30. . movie at 815. . . .in her bed by 11.

Home by 11:15.

Leave the joke door open and someone will drive a truck through it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Don't forget Hooter's down the road! No, actually DO forget Hooter's Newport. I will never forget my VERY pregnant waitress there one time, what a disaster. Worst looking girls at any Hooters I have ever been to.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Take her to Biaggio's Bistro on Ludlow. Knockout authentic Italian/Tuscan food, great hole-in-the-wall atmosphere that's appropriate for a date (dinner runs $10-18). If both of you are of age, the fine wine and beer shop across the street has a great atmosphere for wine and beer tasting for $5 on Fridays and Saturdays starting at 5:00. If you aren't of age, the Esquire shows first run movies now.

I've taken dates to Newport on the Levee before and rarely to good results. I don't know if it's the overly contrived nature of that place (or maybe it's all the high school kids), but it doesn't lend itself to a date very well. Instead, take her to a place that she probably hasn't been to dozens of times. I've always had luck when I can give a date a new experience. It takes some knowledge of the city, but there are countless opportunities out there. You just have to look and be willing to try unfamiliar places.
    Last edited by paintmered; 10-24-2008 at 09:33 PM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Maybe I only go to Arnies on bad nights, but its far from low key on the nights I have been.
    Still haven't recovered my hearing yet. I wouldn't recommend it as a place for a first date. Too loud and rowdy.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Still haven't recovered my hearing yet. I wouldn't recommend it as a place for a first date. Too loud and rowdy.

Good thing you weren't inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Allegro View Post
    Pomilio's is a few blocks south and is terrific authentic italian food at a great price. We eat and park there then walk to the Levee for movie/comedy. Great place for a date.
    Have you been there recently? Pompilio's used to be one of the few places my family would eat Italian, but the place was bought a few years back and the recipes changed. I think their sauce now is almost unstomachable. Still an adorable place though.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Good thing you weren't inside.
    We've sat inside twice before pior to games.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I like GameWorks myself

Skip all the fancy stuff.

Go to McDonalds drive thru and tell her she can only order off the $1 menu. Make sure she knows that you are not going to waste money on her if she isn't going to let you spend the night. If she obliges, go straight to her bedroom. Leave immediately after. Only call her again when you are sloppy drunk.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Is that the place we were at after the Opening Day game? My ears are still ringing.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Porkchop Sandwiches

A couple more suggestions about places in Newport: The Reserve is a cool piano bar/ restaurant that used to be the Federal Reserve in Cincinnati, and I have heard amazing things about Nuvo, a contemporary dining place for more refined palettes.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Have you been there recently? Pompilio's used to be one of the few places my family would eat Italian, but the place was bought a few years back and the recipes changed. I think their sauce now is almost unstomachable. Still an adorable place though.
    I have not been there is a year, maybe longer. I will be bummed if that is the case, I loved that place.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Take her to Biaggio's Bistro on Ludlow. Knockout authentic Italian/Tuscan food, great hole-in-the-wall atmosphere that's appropriate for a date (dinner runs $10-18). If both of you are of age, the fine wine and beer shop across the street has a great atmosphere for wine and beer tasting for $5 on Fridays and Saturdays starting at 5:00. If you aren't of age, the Esquire shows first run movies now.
    I'll second that for Biaggio's Bistro. My neighbor is their pasta maker and they're very accommadating about changing things. My wife is vegetarian and they adjusted the chicken dish that had the sauce she wanted and made it vegetarian. Nice place.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?