Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lack of World Series introductions Phillies upset

Lack of World Series introductions Phillies upset

To be honest, I love post-season and all-star intros.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=3662873

They can and will do what they want, but this reason is bull.

Fox Sports spokesman Dan Bell said that since the 2004 World Series Fox has only broadcast the starting lineups. He said it was a joint decision between Major League Baseball and the network to try and get to the first pitch faster during the broadcast.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Lack of World Series introductions Phillies upset

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    To be honest, I love post-season and all-star intros.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playof...ory?id=3662873

They can and will do what they want, but this reason is bull.
    If they want that first pitch sooner, they should back things up and start their pregame show at 7:30 instead of 8.

I swear they intentionally make these games last longer than they should. I was working Thursday night but I get a break every hour and watch it in the break room. At about 10:15 it was in the top of the 6th inning. I get back there at 11 and it's only in the bottom of the 7th.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

I LOVE the introductions. One of the things that got me hooked on baseball as a kid. Sad to see Fox and MLB continue to peel away all that is great about baseball.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

They say it is because of getting the game started sooner and both games have started after 8:30. The first game did not start until almost 8:40. Either start the pregame earlier like Chip said or cut some time out of the pregame. There is no reason these games should not be starting by 8:15 at the latest and I think it would be a good idea to maybe even play a weekend game like today during the day. Baseball wonders why they don't have many young fans. Most kids can't see more than a few innnings of the World Series.

What they have done to the broadcasts of the best that baseball has to offer is a crime. Major League baseball needs to think out of the box for a change and do something that would promote the game to the younger fans, and the folks that don't want to stay up till all hours of the night to watch the playoffs and World Series.

I LOVE the introductions. One of the things that got me hooked on baseball as a kid. Sad to see Fox and MLB continue to peel away all that is great about baseball.
    Same here, Team Clark.

I enjoy seeing the introductions along the baselines as well.

Me must be nerds!
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Most kids can't see more than a few innnings of the World Series.
    Most kids in the east you mean... there is another side of the country that misses the game when it is on earlier. :

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    I enjoy seeing the introductions along the baselines as well.

Me must be nerds!
    As do I. It's one of the things I look forward to the most on Opening Day and at the All-Star Game.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Most kids in the east you mean... there is another side of the country that misses the game when it is on earlier. :
    A 7:30et start would benefit both coasts. Most kids are home by 5:30, unless they have after-school activities.

Perhaps they should split the difference and televise it for either the 1st game or the 1st game at each teams field. Is there a real need to do it every single game?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    A 7:30et start would benefit both coasts. Most kids are home by 5:30, unless they have after-school activities.
    I got home from grade school no later than 4:00 unless I had after-school activities--then I got home at 5:30...

Honestly, I'm good with skipping the intros. BORING! Save the time, start the game a little earlier and let's 'get it on'!

And I'm one of the 'old, traditionalist' guys here. :

Rem

To tell you the truth, I could do a little less with all the talking heads blabbering on and on before the game. Eliminate that, introduce the players and play ball.

To tell you the truth, I could do a little less with all the talking heads blabbering on and on before the game. Eliminate that, introduce the players and play ball.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Indeed. The ad $ they are scrambling to make time for is killing sports.

It's one thing I hate about listening to the Reds broadcast....any time they win in the bottom of the ninth...they have to cut away for commercials within 3 seconds.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Turn Off Ads?