Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Things you'll never hear a Cincinnati Bengals coach say:

Things you'll never hear a Cincinnati Bengals coach say:

“I will not tolerate players that think it’s about them when it’s about the team,” Singletary said. “We cannot make decisions that cost the team, and then come off the sideline and it’s nonchalant. No. … I’d rather play with 10 people and just get penalized all the way until we have to do something else rather than play with 11 when I know that right now that person is not sold out to be a part of this team.”
    “I told him that he would do a better job for us right now taking a shower and coming back and watching the game than going out on the field, simple as that,” Singletary said.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_y...026025&prov=ap

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Things you'll never hear a Cincinnati Bengals coach say:

also "Let's actually win some games!"
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

How bout "Our owner sucks"

Go Gators!

I seen the Singletary outburst and loved it he just went up a notch in my eyes. He coaches with the same intensity he played with.

Things you'll never hear a Bengals Head coach say? Hmm, how about...

We need these guys to stay hungry in order to have a shot at repeating. Every team is going to give us their all because of our success this past season. Winning it all puts a target on your back so we must be ready for that. We must avoid the complacency that can creep in after winning a Super Bowl.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

How about "That was a great performance, you dominated every facet of the game!".

"I'm going to Disney World." After a Super Bowl win.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

How about "We win!"
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I seen the Singletary outburst and loved it he just went up a notch in my eyes. He coaches with the same intensity he played with.
    And that is one reason I think he will be a successful NFL head coach, and the lack of that is one of the reasons why no Bengals coach in many years has been successful.

It's frustrating to think that some or many (but certainly not "all") of the problems of this pitiful franchise could have been avoided by instilling the discipline that Singletary exhibited yesterday and in his years on the field. I guess that was the main reason I posted his comments.

The Bengals need a Parcells or a Forrest Gregg or a Singletary in the worst way, but good luck in getting a quality coach to come here at this point.

Turn Off Ads?