Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Mulder anyone?

High five!

Mark Mulder anyone?

From Fay:

The Reds will at least explore signing left-hander Mark Mulder, whose option was turned by the Cardinals last week. "I've got to see what the medical situation is," Jocketty said. "I traded for him and re-signed him. I obviously liked him."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Re: Mark Mulder anyone?

I wasn't aware that Mark Mulder could actually still throw a ball left-handed, much less pitch...

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I don't see him doing much for this team.

Also from Fay:

I talked to Walt Jocketty today to get a little pre-vacation update (my vacation, not his):

--The Reds have talked to agents for the David Weathers, Jerry Hairston Jr., Mike Lincoln, Javy Valentin and Jeremy Affeldt. They won't likely bring all five back.

"We're piecing things together," Jocketty said. "Nothing's imminent. We're seeing what their expectations are."

--Jocketty said the Reds "haven't discussed" pursuing Ken Griffey Jr., who option was reportedly turned down by the Chicago White Sox. I'd take that as a polite way of saying: "We're not interested."

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...cincinnati.com

Why even talk to the agent of Valentin? He's terrible, we don't need him.

14 years ago:

The Cincinnati Reds, still trying to sort out their starting rotation for next season, threw Jack Morris into the mix today. Cincinnati signed the 39-year-old right-hander to a $600,000, one-year contract that gives him the chance to earn another $1.4 million in performance bonuses based on innings pitched.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    --The Reds have talked to agents for the David Weathers, Jerry Hairston Jr., Mike Lincoln, Javy Valentin and Jeremy Affeldt. They won't likely bring all five back.

"We're piecing things together," Jocketty said. "Nothing's imminent. We're seeing what their expectations are."
    I wish them all the best and hope that they each receive a better offer with another team.

The Reds, always trying to hang on to remnants from the past of a ship that has sailed and sank.

Why the hell would you be talking to Javy Valentin's agent? WHY

Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

To make sure Javy has all his personal belongings removed from GABP and any other Reds facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by WilyMoROCKS View Post

The Devil you know...?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I suspect talking to Javy's agent is no more than courtesy. Javy's agent calls, says, "Hey Walt, let's have lunch etc.", Walt says ok. He may have to deal with this guy again, there's no reason to bad mouth Javy while the guy's still trying to catch on with another team etc. I wouldn't take it as meaning anything whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I suspect talking to Javy's agent is no more than courtesy. Javy's agent calls, says, "Hey Walt, let's have lunch etc.", Walt says ok. He may have to deal with this guy again, there's no reason to bad mouth Javy while the guy's still trying to catch on with another team etc. I wouldn't take it as meaning anything whatsoever.
    I've been a Reds fan for too long...

as they say, "I'm from Missouri."

Even if they don't plan on resigning Javy, it is good business to talk to his agent--he probably represents other players, and one day, the Reds may want to sign one of them--therefore, it's just good sense to talk to be on good terms with Javy's agent.

As for Mulder, I'd kick all the tires and make sure the contract is incentive laden.

hey, he was good in 2005.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

When did this Mulder guy start playing baseball?

I can't see the Reds risking the wrath of all their female fans by not re-signing Javy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?