Turn Off Ads?

Thread: iPhone

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

iPhone

Just got one and all I can say is wow. Just wow.

Anyone else have one?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: iPhone

My wife has one and I am ever so jealous.
    Absolutely the coolest thing in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I still have this. It's either for kids or old people, I don't know which.

But if I could figure out a way to get my workplace to pony up the cash, I'd have one in a minute. One of my colleagues has one and he can't stop raving about it.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I love Apple products, but the iphone isn't "there" yet for me. It is difficult to hear and the sound of the outgoing voice is not so great. Also, they make you take the protection plan, but if you drop it and the glass breaks, it is not covered by the warranty. I drop my phones all the time (typical drummer!). So I'm still a Nokia customer. But enjoy - the bells and whistles are amazing for sure!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I use so few voice minutes, I can't justify the $30 voice plan on an iPhone. I could spend less than $30/month/voice activating it prepaid, but I'd have to pay $499 for the phone to activate it prepaid. I'd get one in a heartbeat if it was available with prepaid voice for $199.

I did want to share the link to this iPhone article from yesterday, which really floored me... "Lower Income People Are The iPhone’s Fastest Growing Demographic."
    /r/reds

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Had one since mid-July. Love it.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I did want to share the link to this iPhone article from yesterday, which really floored me... "Lower Income People Are The iPhone’s Fastest Growing Demographic."
    That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

The "low income" demographic they cite (which, at "under $50,000", would include me, a licensed attorney working a full time job for a government agency) probably includes a ton of college students and recent college graduates -- many of whom start their first jobs in that salary range or (if in school) get their cell phone bills taken care of by a parent.

That's usually the target market for most fancy new consumer electronics.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm going to add another wow.

Sorry.

Turn Off Ads?